This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932213 by chatty123
02 Feb 2017, 17:50
Hi all . I'm due next week to fly from Manchester to Tampa via Atlanta using virgin first leg and delta second leg . . Anybody flown this route??. Will my checked baggage go all the way through and how easy is the transition at Atlanta . I have 1 1/2 between flights
#932215 by tontybear
02 Feb 2017, 18:19
Atlanta is a very popular topic at the moment and there are several other threads asking this very same question!

You will be required to pick up your bags and clear customs with them and then almost immediately drop them off at the bag drop desk before you yourself re-clear security.
#932217 by gumshoe
02 Feb 2017, 19:24
For any international-domestic connection in the US you must collect your checked bags and clear customs & immigration at your port of entry. This applies everywhere in the US, not just ATL, even though the bag tags will say they're checked to your final destination.

90 minutes should be fine, ATL was designed with tight connections in mind and Americans think nothing of them. Misconnects are commonplace and are normally dealt with very efficiently - if you were to miss your TPA flight you should automatically be rebooked on to the next one.