This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932272 by daviis
03 Feb 2017, 19:41
There is a distinct possibility that we'll end up flying Delta from JFK to LHR on 1st Jan 2018 as VS haven't released any reward flights for after 29th Dec 2017 for that route but Delta have.

Anyway never having flown Delta I wanted to ask those that have which are the best Delta One seats to go for ? Is the layout of the seats the same as the 1-1-1 VS seating plan ? and I know Delta One passengers can use the LHR club house but can they also use the revivals lounge ?

One other interesting observation the Delta One reward seats are 7,500 less miles per person than the VS UC seats and the tax is only $5.60 for the Delta seats and the VS ones are $501.60.

Please feel free to chip in with anything else that I should know before I book.

TIA
#932278 by SlimpyJones
03 Feb 2017, 21:04
Hey,

If you check out the "Other" section in the Trip Reports forum there are some recent reviews of Delta One, both day and night flights. I've tried to go into detail with the seats in my LHR-ATL one. But to summarise, if you're travelling alone, the odd-numbered window seats are very good for solo travelers. Delta One has been pretty well received over here.

Yes, you'll be able to use the Revivals Lounge, as well as the Clubhouses on both ends. The JFK Clubhouse is no contest vs. the Delta Skyclub.

Hope that helps :)
#932280 by pjh
03 Feb 2017, 21:12
If you get the CH and Revivals and it's a night flight sounds like a no brainer to me...(I still like the bar on the day flights...)
#932282 by daviis
03 Feb 2017, 21:52
Thanks SlimpyJones your TR was very helpful. I think the VS "suite" looks better as we do like using the stool for a two person dinner but having a window seat looks good.

As pjh says with a reduced miles prices and only 1/100th of the taxes and use of the JFK CH and LHR revivals lounge its a no brainer
#932315 by gumshoe
04 Feb 2017, 19:05
Just be aware that there is a drawback to flying DL into the UK - in the event of a delay or cancellation you are not entitled to any compensation or assistance under EC261/2004. There are no similar laws in the US so you are essentially at DL's mercy if anything goes wrong.
#932322 by tontybear
05 Feb 2017, 03:01
gumshoe wrote: ..the US so you are essentially at DL's mercy if anything goes wrong.

DL certainly won't abandon you. They will do their utmost to rebook but yes there is no compensation payment.

If the delay is weather there won't be a hotel (that's what travel insurance is for) but there will be (if needed) if it is a DL mechanical issue.

But remember that flight issues are very much in the low % of total flights.

Seat layout will depend on the plane type which aren't mentioned. IMHO the seats on Dl are much better than on VS.
Virgin Atlantic