This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932892 by julmops
20 Feb 2017, 13:55
Hi all,
some of you will have read my recent TR about a nightmare journey back from Orlando to Heathrow via Atlanta, involving massive delays, double downgrades and lost luggage ... At the end, Delta awarded us a very sizeable voucher as compensation and I'm now looking at flights to NYC in January next year, using the vouchers.
The goal is to fly business as much as possible but looking at the direct flights, it's just slightly over what I want to spend.
However, looking at indirect flights via CDG or AMS, I could get a biz return for just under £1300 per person.
Flights to Paris / Amsterdam would be with AF/KL and the long hauls with DL.
Would it allow us to get any VS miles and tier points in such a scenario ?
Many thanks in advance for your knowledge !
#932894 by SlimpyJones
20 Feb 2017, 14:11
Here's the snip from the VS website:

Flying Club members can earn on all Delta operated and marketed services including the flights operated by Delta regional services; Delta, Delta Shuttle, Delta regional services (Delta Connection). This excludes any codeshare flights unless booked with a VS flight number.

The way I interpret this is - you should get miles & TPs for the sectors operated by DL (e.g. CDG-JFK, AMS-JFK, etc), but anything operated by KL or AF is excluded.