This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933373 by sf
07 Mar 2017, 20:59
Hi guys, just before the mileage devaluation I booked return flights in Upper to JFK @ 80k miles. I'd really like to change the return flight time (same day, different flight; there is availability) but is this likely to cause them to reprice to the new redemption rates (115k miles peak). If the answer is yes, then would this likely re-price both inbound and outbound (it's one single booking) even if it's only one direction I wish to make changes to?

I know the right answer is probably to phone and ask, but I thought it wise to have some idea what to expect before doing so.

I'm Flying Club Gold in the probably unlikely event anyone thinks that would make a difference.
#933413 by chumba
09 Mar 2017, 19:05
Whilst I can't be 100% sure, so yes you will need to phone FC, I would say yes they will make the changes and charge you at the current rate.

Previously I bought reward seats In a reward seat sale, and later made changes after the sale had finished. I was charged the full rates and had to pay the difference.
#933422 by Silver Fox
10 Mar 2017, 15:21
Well, due to illness of my friend on the same booking as me, we were originally booked before the rates changed. We have had to postpone it twice now under the new rates and they have not taken extra mileage. Now the caveat is that if it is for illness then perhaps it is classed differently. But it was never mentioned that was the case, or miles mentioned at all, they just rebooked us and the miles debited from my account has remained exactly the same.
Virgin Atlantic