This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934654 by shaneg17
25 Apr 2017, 19:18
What's with VS pricing...

My flights VS9 (27/7) out and VS4 back (30/7) have lots of space left to sell (in all cabins according to the seat layout)

My flights cost about £6500 for 5 in UC. A few weeks ago the metal was changed from A346 both ways to A330 out and 789 back and the price went to around £11,500.

Last week on a couple of occasions it shot up to £22k and then back down to £11k within a day or so. Right now it's at £21,500 or there abouts

Is there a particular reason behind this random and rather costly jumps? Not the best way to sell out a flight is it.
#934658 by Sealink
25 Apr 2017, 20:40
Pricing is so dynamic and subject to many factors - for example, a group enquiry can tie up availability, and a group cancellation (or a group not confirming) can release lots of seats.

That said, I'm finding VS pricing to be really difficult to follow, and am constantly seeing cheaper offers with BA. Now, I'm not really one for 'price-matching' (people complain about price-fixing, except when they want a price-match!!) and I hope VS are doing so well that they can charge these prices... some of the differences I have seen a £2k-£3k higher than BA.