This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934685 by pblondon
26 Apr 2017, 21:51
I'm on my way to Dubai and there was a surprise aircraft change at the gate to a new config A333 so lots of red beeps. Luckily I was only moved from 4A to 5A.

Very impressed, UC is just like the Dreamliner and the new bar looks great.

Not sure which plane I'm on but apparently it's the first flight post refurb.

I'm very happy as I'd prepared myself for the rubbish UCDS....,
#934686 by DocRo
26 Apr 2017, 22:00
Result!

Is it Diamond Girl?
Only arrived back from Xiamen today so you'll be the first passenger in that seat
That's a quick turnaround
#934690 by DocRo
26 Apr 2017, 23:13
No doubt they'll be in the detailed report ;-)
#934725 by stuart_f
27 Apr 2017, 23:33

Just kidding!

Enjoy your flight and have a fabulous time in Dubai. I'm not in the slightest bit jealous of the 39°C :cool: forecast for Dubai tomorrow when we have 8°C. Not at all...
#934751 by pblondon
28 Apr 2017, 19:34
I didn't take any photos :blush:

I can't say much about the flight as I slept the whole way (longer than I should have done as the crew didn't wake me for breakfast as requested!).
:D
The UC cabin is just like the 787 now - a million times better than the old config. As with the 787 the A line seats are definetly the ones to go for as you are facing the wall and there is massive amounts of locker space with there now being lockers in the centre (the whole way too - unlike the 787 where the crew rest is at the front).

The UC bar is by the same doors but now facing backwards with a TV displaying the route map behind. It's location means it's now further away from the back UC seats so should be less of a disturbance.

The cabin definetly looks classier without the old diamonte chintz. The one noticeable difference from the 787 is no big washroom.

I'm hoping for a re-config on my Monday return when I'll get to enjoy it more with it being a day flight - maybe I'll be lucky, I see joeyc has been today.

For now though it's back to the Dubai heat :-)
#934753 by DocRo
28 Apr 2017, 20:06
pblondon wrote:
I'm hoping for a re-config on my Monday return when I'll get to enjoy it more with it being a day flight - maybe I'll be lucky, I see joeyc has been today.

There's a very good chance you will be on Diamond Girl on Monday. She is operating the Dubai flight again tonight
#937010 by Shirley Heights
29 Jul 2017, 14:21
SlimpyJones wrote:Excellent, the first V-flyer on a new config A330! Don't forget the TR :P

No! I travelled twice in May and I know there are a few others who travelled on the new config before I did:

#935622 by Shirley Heights
28 May 2017, 23:01
I was very fortunate to travel on G-VSXY (Beauty Queen) on both legs of my recent LGW/ANU/LGW trip - 04 May/25 May.

WOW! The new config is a HUGE improvement on the 1-2-1 A330 configuration. Thanks to the advice here I purposely chose seat 6A (although my preferred seat has always been 6K) in hope that I could experience the more private side of the aircraft as a single traveller.

As well as the the extra space without the additional row of seats, the cabin is much brighter and lighter as the window seats are better aligned so no longer obstruct the natural light from the windows. The weird 'bling' lighting has also, thankfully, gone. In fact, most of the bling has gone so the cabin is far more tastefully decorated. I love the position of the new bar as it doesn't disturb passengers seated in back rows.

I only have two complaints; the table is no longer as large as it used to be so not good for couples wanting to dine together; the buddy seat/foot stool is secured so you can't use it as a mini storage unit.

On the whole, I was very impressed so will be disappointed if my next flights are on the 1-2-1 config - but hey ho!
#937012 by Shirley Heights
29 Jul 2017, 14:44
pblondon wrote:I didn't take any photos :blush:

I can't say much about the flight as I slept the whole way (longer than I should have done as the crew didn't wake me for breakfast as requested!).
:D
The UC cabin is just like the 787 now - a million times better than the old config. As with the 787 the A line seats are definetly the ones to go for as you are facing the wall and there is massive amounts of locker space with there now being lockers in the centre (the whole way too - unlike the 787 where the crew rest is at the front).

The UC bar is by the same doors but now facing backwards with a TV displaying the route map behind. It's location means it's now further away from the back UC seats so should be less of a disturbance.

The cabin definetly looks classier without the old diamonte chintz. The one noticeable difference from the 787 is no big washroom.

Glad you got the chance to try the new config.

LOL, our comments are very similar. A great improvement.

Enjoy your holiday and fingers crossed for the same on your return flight.
Virgin Atlantic