This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937051 by Test12345
30 Jul 2017, 21:29
1. Does anyone have a web link to the list of Virgin Atlantic, and separately British Airways, interline partners? Maybe it is even on this forum?
2. Do British Airways and Virgin Atlantic interline with each other?
Thanks.
#937052 by honey lamb
30 Jul 2017, 22:01
Test12345 wrote: Do British Airways and Virgin Atlantic interline with each other?
Thanks.

Yes they do. I have flown AMS-LHR on BA and then LHR to other destinations on VS and my bags have always been checked through
#937053 by Test12345
30 Jul 2017, 22:05
I also have a separate issue:

Based on my wife's nationality, she requires an airport transit visa for UK, IF the bags are NOT through checked from DEL all the way to JFK. I am hoping that my bags will be through checked, but in the event that check-in staff at Delhi don't allow it (remember when I called the BA customer service number today the rep. first said that they don't thorough check and even checked with his/her supervisor and, when I insisted on speaking to his/her supervisor and going over the rule, it was only then that he backed down. I can easily see the Delhi check in staff not backing down if they are not used to a BA-Virgin through baggage, in which case it would cause major problems because it would be a difference between getting a transit visa or not.

Second, in December, flights could get delayed either at London (snow, impacting the incoming flight to DEL) or Delhi (major fog problem at that time of the year. Let's assume the DEL-LHR is delayed and I can no longer make the connection. Who rebooks me on the connecting flight? Since British Airways presumably wasn't paid for the second segment (LHR-JFK), why would they take responsibility? And, if, because of the delay, they only issue a ticket to London, and ask me to get the boarding pass/ticket for the connection at London, my wife will be stuck because in that situation she doesn't have a UK visa and the bags are only tagged to London. I know this is hypothetical but I like to plan for all situations. (For instance, who would have thought that Virgin would cancel flights at random on 4 days over a 4 month period, and one of those days would be my day of travel!) That's why I like to plan for all eventualities.

Thanks for your patience in reading through this.
#937057 by tontybear
31 Jul 2017, 02:34
Interline of bags is a totally separate issue to someone needing a trasit visa. Just because bags are checked through (which on the same ticket they will be) does not absolve the passenger from having the relevant documentation. If a passenger does not have that then they won't be getting on a plane in the first place. And it is the passenger who has to make sue they have the right documentation.

As to your second point you've aready been given an answer elsewhere. If BA is late into LHR they will be responsble for rebooking you.