This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937974 by horburyflyer
02 Sep 2017, 10:36
Morning from the Escape lounge ahead of the VS073.

The United flight to Newark has just been cancelled and it seems quite a number of the pax are in here waiting to hear what happens next!

I was nearly sent to the smaller escape lounge down the corridor but the pax from the VS127 and VS121 will be heading there by all accounts. It's busy but still some seats available, the prosecco is flowing for some (not me yet).....though I have just demolished a sausage bap and a pancake stack has just arrived.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Jon
#937977 by hiljil
02 Sep 2017, 11:16
Good Morning.

Enjoy the Prosecco when you get to it & have a good flight.
#937982 by Kraken
02 Sep 2017, 13:28
Have a good flight Jon. I'm following you tomorrow on the VS75 & some friends are on the VS73 tomorrow too.

Was the fog the cause of the delay to todays VS75? It pushed-back 90mins late and took-off 110mins behind schedule. Also noticed the arrival from SFO was on the ground about half an hour before it was given a gate at T2. It sat for ages on the taxiway near the aviation viewing park before making it's way to T2.
#937983 by stevebrass
02 Sep 2017, 13:36
Re sitting on Tarmac. We have arrived at Manchester 4 times in the last few months and delays disembarking have been the norm.
#937993 by horburyflyer
03 Sep 2017, 01:18
Kraken wrote:Have a good flight Jon. I'm following you tomorrow on the VS75 & some friends are on the VS73 tomorrow too.

Was the fog the cause of the delay to todays VS75? It pushed-back 90mins late and took-off 110mins behind schedule. Also noticed the arrival from SFO was on the ground about half an hour before it was given a gate at T2. It sat for ages on the taxiway near the aviation viewing park before making it's way to T2.


Have a good flight over tomorrow James. The VS75 was delayed with an engine issue which thankfully could be repaired and everyone finally got away. I left West Yorkshire with blue skies and gorgeous September sunshine to arrive at the airport into think fog. Lots of delays (The Hainan and Air Canada Rouge diverted and positioned northwards at lunchtime)

I was sat downstairs at Gate 300 waiting to board the VS073 when I saw the VS126 pull onto stand 206, it sadly had to wait for the Singapore Airlines A359 to pull away. Only 179 on the VS73 today with only 3 revenue passengers in UC (though 4 staff were also present) Fantastic crew with two top notch FSMs who did a great job at taking care of us - the menu was still the June cycle but might have changed for you tomorrow.

Orlando was another story. Told on the approach we might have to wait an hour on the aircraft when we reach the stand, so much so the crew starting serving drinks and snacks, for the delay to be only 5mins. Once inside the queues were long, took me over an hour to leave the airport, interestingly (and not sure how it happened) I made it out of the airport before quite a number of the VS75 passengers who had arrived an hour before me!

Jon
#937994 by daviis
03 Sep 2017, 08:51
horburyflyer wrote:
Orlando was another story. Told on the approach we might have to wait an hour on the aircraft when we reach the stand, so much so the crew starting serving drinks and snacks, for the delay to be only 5mins. Once inside the queues were long, took me over an hour to leave the airport, interestingly (and not sure how it happened) I made it out of the airport before quite a number of the VS75 passengers who had arrived an hour before me!

Jon


Any idea what the delay at MCO was ? Was it all passengers or just ones coming off an international flight ?

We're during to fly into MCO on 10/12 and although we're coming in from JFK I was hoping for a quick exit from the airport.

TIA
#937997 by horburyflyer
03 Sep 2017, 11:05
daviis wrote:
horburyflyer wrote:
Orlando was another story. Told on the approach we might have to wait an hour on the aircraft when we reach the stand, so much so the crew starting serving drinks and snacks, for the delay to be only 5mins. Once inside the queues were long, took me over an hour to leave the airport, interestingly (and not sure how it happened) I made it out of the airport before quite a number of the VS75 passengers who had arrived an hour before me!

Jon


Any idea what the delay at MCO was ? Was it all passengers or just ones coming off an international flight ?

We're during to fly into MCO on 10/12 and although we're coming in from JFK I was hoping for a quick exit from the airport.

TIA


Just a number of international flights arrived at once into a significantly reduced immigration hall whilst the remodelling works continue. Despite the delays, it was well managed in trying to keep people moving.
#938002 by David
03 Sep 2017, 12:09
Jon, hope this a leisure trip and not work :-) and you had a good flight across the pond.

It's nice to hear (on 2 reports) that the wifi is working well but unfortunate that the awful gardet is back. I hope a recent survey about champagne in upper that I got wasn't anything to do with cost cutting and the return of that rubbish.

Hope the sun shines for you

David
#938004 by horburyflyer
03 Sep 2017, 14:19
David wrote:Jon, hope this a leisure trip and not work :-) and you had a good flight across the pond.

It's nice to hear (on 2 reports) that the wifi is working well but unfortunate that the awful gardet is back. I hope a recent survey about champagne in upper that I got wasn't anything to do with cost cutting and the return of that rubbish.

Hope the sun shines for you

David


Thanks David, a mixture of both trip wise but opportunities for downtime for sure! Wifi was working well on G-VGAL too. I did hear wifi was currently not available on G-VLIP just yet.

Shame about the Gardet. Had a lovely rose wine on board yesterday (the whites as we know have reduced from three to two to accommodate) which was nicely chilled. Managed also to enjoy fevertree tonic with my G&Ts after been promised for such a long time and have never seen out of MAN until this flight!

Fantastic crew on board (including a former Little Red crew member) so a lovely way to spend a Saturday.

The weather does need to perk up a bit!
#938005 by Kraken
03 Sep 2017, 14:33
horburyflyer wrote:The weather does need to perk up a bit!


We were warned of "bad weather on arrival" in Orlando before we departed from Manchester this morning - the flight deck were not being more specific than that. Will find out in 4 and half hours. Currently approaching St John's and it's very bumpy.
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 26 guests

Itinerary Calendar