This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#942543 by mitchja
01 Apr 2018, 13:28
I always use the Hotel hopper bus service. It's £9.00 for a return or £5.00 each way. I use the tube from King's Cross to LHR.

You can now pay as you board the hopper busses using credit/debit cards now, they are not not just cash or pre-paid tickets any more.

For the Crowne Plaza, I find getting the hopper bus from T2 is the quickest. The Crowne Plaza is still the last stop though going away from LHR. It's the second to last pick-up when traveling back to LHR though (the Park Inn is the last stop) and T3 departures is the first drop-off at LHR.

I've never actually tried the hopper bus from T3 though.
#942550 by gumshoe
01 Apr 2018, 20:21
The Hoppa bus is even more of a rip-off per mile than the Heathrow Express.

Sadly the Crowne Plaza isn’t included, but local TfL buses are free within the Heathrow zone, which includes most of the hotels on the Bath Road.
#942557 by dickydotcom
02 Apr 2018, 09:13
Flying out of Heathrow next year so this is very relevant to me.
I have just looked at the Premier in price. If I pay now it's £29.50
We did Premier at Gatwick back in February and found it very good so,
I'm tempted, but:
Does it have it's own walkway to join the Hilton walkway, or do you have to walk across the car park.
Once you get to T4 how far is it to the Tube for T3?

Dick D
#942558 by mitchja
02 Apr 2018, 10:21
dickydotcom wrote:Does it have it's own walkway to join the Hilton walkway, or do you have to walk across the car park.
Once you get to T4 how far is it to the Tube for T3?

Dick D

According to their website:

' We're just 10 minutes walk from Terminal 4 through a covered walkway'

Looking at the LHR T4 map, the walkway to the Hilton & Premier Inn from T4 looks to split about two thirds of the way down.

Tube trains run about every 15 mins between T4 and the central T3/T2 station. You can also use the HEX which has a similar departure frequency as well to get from T4 to T3/T2. Both take approx. 20 minutes.
#942559 by dickydotcom
02 Apr 2018, 10:26
Thank you James,
Google maps isn't very clear but a bit of research on Images since I posted shows walkway from Premier joining the Hilton one.
I think I'll bike over to Heathrow and check out the connections.
Alternative was to stay up market on the Bath Road and possible pay for a taxi and see what drive through check in is like.
Dick D
#942560 by gumshoe
02 Apr 2018, 10:27
mitchja wrote:Looking at the LHR T4 map, the walkway to the Hilton & Premier Inn from T4 looks to split about two thirds of the way down.

It does indeed - though actually probably about three quarters of the way.

As covered walkways go it’s pretty grim and seems to go on for ever but I suppose it dies the job.
#942561 by mitchja
02 Apr 2018, 10:29
I was looking at one of the official LHR maps, not sure if the URL will work though:

Link

I usually try and avoid staying around T4 as it always feels very isolated from the rest of LHR for some reason (unless of course you are departing from T4).
#947552 by Sealink
19 Dec 2018, 20:42
ColOrd wrote:Hotel Hoppa is your best best realistically, I dont think there's any service buses that serve the Crowne Plaza.

I can't bear to pay the money for Heathrow Hoppa.

Tube and Heathrow Express to T4 from T123 is free too.
#947553 by ColOrd
19 Dec 2018, 20:55
Sealink wrote:I can't bear to pay the money for Heathrow Hoppa.

Tube and Heathrow Express to T4 from T123 is free too.

I assumed they were at the Crowne Plaza off Bath Road, but to be honest I realise I replied to a very old thread, and didn't see the much more recent posts on the second page...my bad!

That being said I am also generally against the Hotel Hoppa especially when you are directly on Bath Road. Normally I alternate between the DoubleTree Bath Road, and the T5 Hilton, and the Bath Road Premier Inn once or twice for that matter.

The free bus to anything on Bath road hands down is the best option, although last time I arrived very late into LHR and into T5 and rather than faffing just jumped into a taxi!

I have for the first time, today as it happens, used the Hoppa from T5 to the the T5 Hilton as its technically in Slough they charge an arm and a leg for a taxi, and I didn't think the bus was too bad value for money in comparison. (CDC booked for tomorrow to take me through DTCI)

I do recall and my memory might deceive me here, that when it was operated by National Express it was much more expensive, I have in my mind it was £8 for a single back in 2015 when I looked at using it before I clicked on to the Heathrow Free Travel area for the TFL buses.
#947569 by tommyb
20 Dec 2018, 11:17
ColOrd wrote:

I have for the first time, today as it happens, used the Hoppa from T5 to the the T5 Hilton as its technically in Slough they charge an arm and a leg for a taxi, and I didn't think the bus was too bad value for money in comparison. (CDC booked for tomorrow to take me through DTCI)

Thats only because the black cab drivers don't want the job when they've spent hours waiting for a fare!
Virgin Atlantic