This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#949362 by lesmond
19 Mar 2019, 14:10
Where can we see the fare code these days when booking?

I am after a PE W or S so I can potentially upgrade it but the fare code shows as something like

SKUF2SMW
or
KKUP7WMX

Any idea how I get the fare code out of that!?
#949365 by CommanderB
19 Mar 2019, 15:07
The short answer - you can't work out the fare from that jumble of letters, reliably anyway.

The longer answer, is the first one is probably S but i'd guess the second one is K. But that is not always the case.

If you've booked direct, you can re-send the confirmation through your FC account when you are in the Manage Flight section - that has the fare bucket in. This is not available if you book through a travel agent.

The app also shows the fare bucket, regardless of how the ticket was booked.
#949366 by lesmond
19 Mar 2019, 15:08
Ah thanks,

I haven't booked yet as I want the correct fare code! I guessed the same as you but agree not 100% certain.

The website used to show it on booking. I will take a look at the app though
#949367 by CommanderB
19 Mar 2019, 15:31
Yeah, it got enhanced away from the website. I've complained about it extensively.

The other fool proof way, is to call and book. Not ideal I know, but does allow you to do the upgrade part (if theres availability) in the same transaction.
#949368 by flyingfox
19 Mar 2019, 15:51
image.png
VS FARE CODE GUIDE
image.png (234.34 KiB) Viewed 3496 times

This was sent by a friendly PAMS agent a number of months ago, although this is for economy I think the same logic applies across all classes.
#949370 by SlimpyJones
19 Mar 2019, 16:06
That's very interesting flyingfox!

@lesmond one alternative I employ is to try and perform the search on the mobile app. They use the single-letter fare code on there.
#949372 by lesmond
19 Mar 2019, 16:08
Thanks all,

Yes I noticed the mobile app still shows the single code actually.

AND....it ties up so far to the PDF screenshot.

Thanks all!
#949385 by CommanderB
19 Mar 2019, 19:18
flyingfox wrote:
image.png

This was sent by a friendly PAMS agent a number of months ago, although this is for economy I think the same logic applies across all classes.

OK mind blown. But does roughly match what i'd been guessing at so far.
Virgin Atlantic