This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962556 by Marmite1981
12 Oct 2023, 00:04
I am sure this has been asked before but tomorrow I am travelling back from BGI to LHR… managed to win my upgrade bid to UC and have selected 8k, just wondering if 1G would be a quieter seat ? I have only ever sat on the A side so this is a new one for me… any help would be appreciated … thanks
#962557 by mikethe3rd
12 Oct 2023, 01:50
I’d personally stay in 8K. Good distance from galley and a view outside if your neck can twist. You’re closer to the bar, but they’re rarely used nowadays, especially on overnights back to the UK.

Hope you had a great vacation and enjoy your ride home.
#962559 by Louie84x
12 Oct 2023, 10:29
Worst service we had in UC was sat in seats 9/10G. Had always sat in A before then but booked fairly last minute so that was all that was left. They served all of A front to back, all of K front to back, and then all of G front to back so we were seeing people get their main courses when we hadn’t had our starters yet. Same with every round of drinks, and the bar told us she couldn’t get us drinks until she’d finishing serving the others. Maybe something to bear in mind if that would bother you, but the diff between 8k and 1G wouldn’t be too much if they still serve in the same order
#962562 by CommanderB
12 Oct 2023, 14:40
I love 1G! I feel like the G seats have slightly more space at the head of the seat too, so thats helpful for sleeping.

The main issue with 1G is it has no overhead bins (as the crew rest resides above 1-5G). So you have to use the K bins which are usually very busy.

Upside of taking 8K would be you will be off slightly quicker as VS boards and disembarks from door 2L at the back of the Upper Class cabin, by the bar.
#962563 by Marmite1981
12 Oct 2023, 16:02
Thanks everyone, I am going to stick with 8k I think… hopefully it’s not too rowdy at the bar ! The new menu choices sound ummmm interesting! Fingers crossed!
Virgin Atlantic