This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#331 by Elwood
26 Feb 2004, 21:02
I saw mention of this lounge access card on this forum recently. Are there any current/lapsed memebers of this scheme who can add anything in terms of pros and cons - particularly the latter - to the information on the Priority Pass website?

Now that I have to pay for my own tickets again I will have to 'slum' it in PE on the next couple of Virgin flights and on the face of it Priority Pass looks an affordable way to get into lounges.

Thank you
#26139 by The_Banking_Scot
26 Feb 2004, 21:18
Hi,

Cons: Lounges are not as good as VS's ( but then again what are? :D
Less food/facilities available
Not available in some airports/terminals ( ie UK T1 Domestic)

Advantages: Beats waiting around in the general area ( a few snacks/coffees & drinks can soon ad up)
More comfy seats.

Overall depending on your route I think it is worthwhile ( my PP is free with the UK Amex)

Regards

TBS
#26140 by Nottingham Nick
26 Feb 2004, 21:20
As a lapsed member - I lost it when I ditched Amex Plat. I can say that I have mixed experiences - from average (Servisair) to very good, (United and America West)to excellent (Northwest at BOS).

The reason that the Northwest lounge at Logan was so good, was that VS sahred its use as a Clubhouse, I used to go in on the PP and was then given the full UC treatment including meals and priority boarding etc.

The PP charge for guests used to be hit and miss, but latterly was always imposed.

Most lounges are good because they get you away from the throng of the airport into a (usually) quiet refuge. They also offer comp drinks and snacks - the quality of which varies tremendously, newspapers and clean facilities.

Whether or not it represents value for money is a call made by each individual.
#26141 by Elwood
26 Feb 2004, 21:58
Many thanks for the responses - I'll give it a go. Looks like the lounges available at US airports may be the ones to look out for.

Can anybody advise which lounge(s) are avialable at T3? Most of my recent recent business class flights out of LHR have been on Emirates who use the United Red Carpet club which is bit of a tip as far as bus. class lounges go. Quite a good choice of beers though!

Emitares own lounges at DXB on the othar hand are top notch IMHO.
#26143 by Pete
26 Feb 2004, 22:03
ex-UK, including T3 at LHR, most Priority Pass lounges are the generic ones such as Serviceair (which at T3 is pretty close to the Virgin Clubhouse at gate 12D).

I've had a Priority Pass card now for about 5 years, and find it very useful - especially on the European flights when I'm with friends. On the long haul flights (ie, to the US) I'm on Virgin anyway, so use the flying club card.

Pix
#26153 by Bazz
27 Feb 2004, 13:26
Serviceair in T3 recently moved to new location and I havn't been to the new one yet. The old one was OK. TV, Internet access, beer, wines, tea, coffee, sodas, lite snacks. Newspapers, etc. and better than waiting with the masses in the departure lounge.

PP is worth it if you fly a few times a year, we fly only for leisure so frequently have no option other than a PP lounge, they have been a godsend in the past.
#26156 by jaguarpig
27 Feb 2004, 15:00
I too get the card through amex and find it most useful.If I ever ditch the amex I would keep the PP card no question at all.
Virgin Atlantic