This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#347 by stephenreilly5
01 Mar 2004, 22:20
I'm not sure if anyone knows this yet but according to my friend who has just left virgin as a crew member and has a friend in sales, from the end of this month K and Z fares will no longer be available, only full fares.He said it is because of the new UCS and because there has been an increase in advance bookings.
i am unsure how valid all this info is, but i hope the Z's dont go!

Stephen
mine's bigger than your's
#26249 by RichardMannion
01 Mar 2004, 22:24
I could honestly believe that, I kind of said thsi was possible in my post here:
http://www.virginflyer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=286

Basically I can see Z and K still being there but not for normal revenue tickets - just for MilePlusMoney.

The bit about only full fares is incorrect, look at my guide to fare codes: S class is not full fare Premium Economny, D class is not full fare Upper Class.

As for the validity about the bit about UCS and upsurge in APEX bookings - not so sure.

Thanks,
Richard
#26269 by jaguarpig
02 Mar 2004, 11:34
The market will always dictate the fare levels if virgin can fill its UC cabin with higher J class tickets it will but I do not think they can at the moment.The HKG flights I have just been on were very very low on J class ticketed Pax . I had a look at the limo list in HKG and there was one other person on the flight out of approx 25seats who had a limo.Most people outbound were upgrades as they were not in the clubhouse and were all boarded before we got on.Coming home to LHR about 40 seats taken there were at least 8 crew and only one other person off of the flight besides us went to revivals lounge.I know these are only a couple of flights and not all pax visit lounges but it is an indication.IAD flight Jan in UC was virtualy empty going out and 2/3 full returning but alot were BA Pax off of their cancelled flight the other bookings I have made for later this year in UC to JFK and BOS have got plenty of space and the agents are more than willing to take your money upfront for a cheaper ticket.