This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#26433 by si_fitz
06 Mar 2004, 21:27
Hi 748748

As already mentioned on this site, Virgin will eventually give up all of there A343's in favour of there new A346's. Latest news is that this wont be for at least another couple of years due to current route expansion. At present there are no plans to put UCS on any of the manchester routes, but hey plans can change!
#26434 by mitchja
06 Mar 2004, 21:52
Yeah no UC Suites on the MAN routes as the UC service is not operated on this route.

The MAN aircraft have economy, PE and Club Orlando which basically is a 'PE plus' service as you get to sit in the old type of UC seat (similar to LGW UC seats) but only get the PE service.

I beleive you do get the normal UC Flying Club mileage though (ie 200%) when travelling in Club Orlando. Not sure if or how many tier points it will earn you though [?]

James
#26441 by David
07 Mar 2004, 15:25
James

We got 4 tier points per sector but only 150% of mileage.

Excellent seats upstairs tho - 4 windows per seat. ;)

David
#26442 by mitchja
07 Mar 2004, 15:46
Hi David

Thanks for clarifing the Flying Club mileage. So it's only PE mileage but the tier points are inbetween PE (3 tire points per sector) and UC (5 tire points per sector)

That's still pretty good going!!! 2 round trips in 12 months and you are up-graded to Silver :)

Wish I'd have flown from MAN last year instead of LGW (esp. as I only live 40 miles from MAN)- I would have def. gone for the Club Orlando service. Mind you cannot complain as I got my first ever operational upgrade from PE to UC on the VS27 service last year :)

I still think Virgin's MAN-MCO service gets un-necessary negative comments sometimes (not from on here though)- people do often seem to think they are not going to get the full VS service is some way.

I say more Virgin flights from MAN for us Northerners please ;)

James
#26443 by mcuth
07 Mar 2004, 16:45
quote:Originally posted by mitchja
(esp. as I only live 40 miles from MAN)

James - I hope that 40 miles is towards God's Own County and not deeper into the darkness of Lancashire? :D:D
#26444 by mitchja
07 Mar 2004, 16:54
I - Lancashire lad here :D
#26445 by Nottingham Nick
07 Mar 2004, 17:17
I echo the call for more flights from MAN. It has always astounded me that an airline finds it cost effective to rent space in the airport, purchase vehicles & equipment etc. and employ so many staff for one flight a day (seasonal at that!)

Nick
#26450 by mcuth
07 Mar 2004, 20:01
quote:I - Lancashire lad here :D

*Sigh*, there is no hope - you should explore the honoured East side of the Pennines ;)
#26456 by David
08 Mar 2004, 09:43
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
I echo the call for more flights from MAN. It has always astounded me that an airline finds it cost effective to rent space in the airport, purchase vehicles & equipment etc. and employ so many staff for one flight a day (seasonal at that!)

Nick

I thought they had talked about Carribbean flights from man, but that seems to have dissappeared.
Virgin Atlantic