This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#585 by snoz
26 Mar 2004, 17:57
Any one used them? I just bought a car from them (as a result of a 60k miles free offer) and - based on my experience so far - the service is abysmal. Do Virgin have someone who sits in the middle and oversees quality control on the various products under the Virgin brand?
#27857 by Pete
26 Mar 2004, 18:00
I bought a scooter from their bike division (which is apparently a sub-set of their Cars operation).

Virgin themselves were terrific, but their supplier seriously let them down and consequently screwed up my order quite badly. I'd probably use Virgin again, but not the particular brand of scooter I bought :)

Pix
#27858 by snoz
26 Mar 2004, 18:03
I've not got as far as knowing who to blame.... still waiting for the customer services phone to be answered....[:(!]
#27931 by BlackCat
27 Mar 2004, 10:16
Virgin Cars is now majority owned by MotorSolutions (a company headed by Derek Cook of DC Cook fame). I think Virgin Group have a minority stake, that's all.

Virgin Cars was loss making under Virgin, and DC Cook went into receivership in the 1990s, perhaps not a recipe for excellent customer service?

BC
#27937 by jaguarpig
27 Mar 2004, 11:53
stock offered now is very limited and not that cheap
#27950 by snoz
27 Mar 2004, 17:08
Well, I got what I thought was a good price (I know nothing about cars, but it seemed OK).... But they didn't deliver what I ordered and I must have spent a total of at least an hour on hold in the last 24 hours - I get through to the promise of a "call back from the appropriate department", but Im still waiting. Steer clear!
#27955 by Nottingham Nick
27 Mar 2004, 19:19
Never used them - but will heed your advice Snoz.

Usually I am game for anything with the Virgin brand, but common sense must still prevail.

Nick
#27956 by minel
27 Mar 2004, 20:21
Used them once to import a Lexus...... they were hopeless. Delivery was 6 months late and regardless of whether they are let down by their suppliers or not, Virgin effectively project manage the transaction and therefore the buck stops with them.
Virgin Atlantic