This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#603 by josepg10
28 Mar 2004, 10:27
Hi
I have spent the required amount on the virgin mastercard to receive my companion ticket. I have a couple of questions

a)do you book this fare via flying club or the members shop?

b)can someone clarify the cheapest revenue fare class that I can purchase in PE or UC from which i can then use the companion fare? I assumed it was just W or J which i think is extremely prohibitive but i think i read somewhere you can get disc. fares which are ok?
#27964 by Nottingham Nick
28 Mar 2004, 11:07
IMO the first thing you need to do is contact Virgin Credit card to make sure you are going to get the companion ticket. There was a bit of an admin glitch with mine and I got it a month later than I should have - if I hadn't chased it I wouldn't have got it at all[:0]

You can book your companion ticket through the Flying Club - I found them to be very helpful as usual BUT they can't do anything for you until the ticket is showing electronically on your FC account.

What I did was just tell them the dates and destinations I was interested in and let them work out the best deal. I ended up with economy return tickets to MIA and am happy I saved myself a fair amount of money.

As far as I know the fare paying ticket must be a 'full price' one. Whether there are anyways round this I am not sure - it doesn't hurt to ask when you ring.

It may be worth doing a search in the forum and FT (when it is back) to see if anyone has a different experience because companion tickets have been discussed a lot on both boards.

Nick
#27967 by jaguarpig
28 Mar 2004, 11:20
My companion tickets came through on both my VS mastercard accounts bang on time.I did like Nick rang flying club and they found me the best price on 4 PEs to BOS saved £1.5k the 2 purchased tickets are W class.Best thing is price up the trip before you ring then you will know if its worth using companion ticket or not.