This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7258 by jilly
07 Aug 2005, 21:56
Until recently both myself and partner had silver FF status. When I turned gold in June we decided that he would become a silver supplementary account holder as I take more flights than him and his silver would run out within the next few months. This seemed to make sense as over a year I would be able to maintain gold by paying for flights and he would mostly use miles.

I filled in the details and sent off to FC. Since then I have received no information and both our accounts remain the same (both on line). Our VCC (in his name) miles are always added to his account but this month none (despite spending the usual fortune)have been added. I also cannot view his booking for September which I could until recently - thought that the flight may have been canx but on further investigation it looks like there may be an internal problem with his account. When I try to access (sorry when he does) it flashes BUFFER OVERRRUN. Being a technophobe I'm not sure if this is something wrong with the Virgin system or not.

I have emailed Virgin but yet received no response and obviously will call if it doesn't change but has anyone any ideas what the problem could be[?]

If I'm armed with some information it would make the issues easier to discuss.

Jilly
#72582 by Jonathan
08 Aug 2005, 11:45
Looking at what you said a phone call would be the best bet, as they generally sort out these things while you wait.

With a buffer error it definately looks like a techie issue!
#72814 by jilly
10 Aug 2005, 11:24
Just to update - Virgin had closed my partners original silver account whilst they set up a new supplementary silver account with a new number which I now have. I can now acces both accounts.

VCC miles - they said had been credited and they hadn't - have now appeared with 2 Aug as the date applied.

The flights booked for September on VS049 have been canx and my family are now booked onto VS15 and return has been changed from VS050 to VS16. They say this is a schedule change - shouldn't that be cancellation of flight[V]. Nice of them to let us know[:(!]

No doubt the original seating I booked will not be available but as yet they are not showing on line so I can't re-book seating. Will try again later.

Jilly
#73846 by rwheatla
20 Aug 2005, 05:17
I'm thinking about getting a Supplementary silver account for my wife and have one question.

In order for her to acheive gold status does she need to collect the full 40 tier points or just the difference between silver and gold?
#73848 by lilyjosh0
20 Aug 2005, 08:02
rwheatla, she will need to earn the full 40 tier points to move from silver to gold.
#73903 by Jonathan
20 Aug 2005, 19:39
Originally posted by rwheatla
In order for her to acheive gold status does she need to collect the full 40 tier points or just the difference between silver and gold?

rwheatla, welcome to V-Flyer:)
as lilyjosh0 said she'd need to get the full 40 to achieve Gold and 30TPs thereafter to maintain it; however with a silver supplementary account she would not need to earn TP's to maintain Silver as long as you maintained your status.
Virgin Atlantic