This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7297 by roadrunner
09 Aug 2005, 15:57
Here's hoping Virgin someday show the fare at booking query rather than confirmation. Seems that the only sure-fire way to know is to book by phone which costs the on line booking miles award as well as, it would seem, time for VS.

[?]I could make a fairly good educated guess, but I wonder what people actually know about fare classes in -on line booking. How do mileage accrued indicate fare class? Is there a way for example, to know that you have booked an S rather than a K when the fare doesn't shout it out (as it would with a W)? Any other specific clues?
(and please do forgive me if I have missed this in a previous thread)

Thanks,

RR
#72775 by anteo
09 Aug 2005, 21:29
You have to enter name/address/credit card details to view the booking class but no payment is taken until you proceed to the next page, enabling you to cancel if you need to. Would make it simpler for us if they displayed it earlier but might confuse more people that way.

But yes, if you need to book a specific class like L to upgrade with miles you need to call VS. You miss out on your bonus but at least you dont get a £25 'booking fee' like The Worlds Favourite Airline...;)