This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#74185 by easygoingeezer
23 Aug 2005, 17:04
Lol, if you ever need a fag to travel in Upper just drop me a line, lol

On a serious note, I get over the smoking thing by taking a six pack nicorette inhaler a quick puff ( excuse the pun i can take fun of myself cause that defo pc:) ) and you are ok for at least an hour and just having it to hand takes your mind off the fact you have no erm ciggies.
#74187 by Nottingham Nick
23 Aug 2005, 17:11
This thread has more double entendres (sp?) than most Carry On films [8D];)[}:)][:I]

Nick
#74188 by easygoingeezer
23 Aug 2005, 17:13
Sorry chaps, I was having one of my "camp" moments.
#74189 by onionz
23 Aug 2005, 17:16
Originally posted by sailor99
It's just that the experience of spending time in a metal tube with a dehydrated atmosphere, no fags and stugging to sleep is not one that moves me to have a preference one way or another.

It's in those harsh conditions when I am thankful to have something to distract me from how awful it all is! :D
#74190 by Littlejohn
23 Aug 2005, 17:28
A good point onionz, but I think you are meant to use the Vport system and Carlos to amuse yourself rather than the crew.;)

#74237 by mike-smashing
23 Aug 2005, 21:36
Not a sexist person, but here's an interesting point of information:

All the best VS flights I have been on have had a female FSM.
All the worst VS flights I have been on have had a male FSM.
There have also been a number of "okay" flights with FSMs of both sexes.

Read into that what you will, I guess.

Cheers,
Mike
#74289 by onionz
24 Aug 2005, 00:31
Originally posted by sailor99
A good point onionz, but I think you are meant to use the Vport system and Carlos to amuse yourself rather than the crew.;)

LOL :D

Are you? Whoops! :D
#74304 by mcuth
24 Aug 2005, 01:20
Originally posted by AlanA
Oh come on you PC lot!:D
Stop coming up with the platitudes and be honest.

Your famous amazing mind-reading skills must be rusty then Alan. Call it whatever you like, but as far as cabin service & safety is concerned I have absolutely no preference whether the person working is male/female/tall/short/blonde/brunette/etc./etc. - none of that is what makes me come back to the airline.

The CC could all be supermodels (and VS employs some of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen!), but if the personality is non-existent/service is &*^£/they couldn't help in an emergency, their looks aren't going to impress me much.

Cheers

Michael
#74316 by Wolves27
24 Aug 2005, 08:45
I think a mixture is nice, but ultimately as long as I get good service I'm happy.

Dean
#74327 by easygoingeezer
24 Aug 2005, 10:16
I think I will write to Richard and ask if he can paint a rainbow on a 747 400 tail and fill it with all these hunky geezers on the crew:D Ahhh heaven a 747 in a suite, barbra striesand playing in the background ( and Robbie Williams;)), a hunky masseur and Karen from Will n Grace serving the drinks, with Will flying and "just Jack" making sure the upper class passengers are wearing the right labels:D, on a gay flight the bubbly would be dp as well, lol
#74332 by slinky09
24 Aug 2005, 10:29
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
This thread has more double entendres (sp?) than most Carry On films [8D];)[}:)][:I]

Nick

ooo err missus ... what fun ... well I'm not sitting on the fence ... prefer gorgeousness, safety and service and isn't that just what we get ... oh and if the eye candy is well hunky then it's a bonus (and if you travel on AA you might get safety but little else so let's be grateful to our fabulous Virgin crews!) :D
#74339 by Littlejohn
24 Aug 2005, 11:00
All right Egg, if we are on fantasy flights it would have to be as follows:

Plane jet black with a red racing stripe and flames painted down the side, tinted windows and has at least 6 engines (each with 2 exhaust pipes in chrome).
Don't care who the crew are. But having said that it would be nice to include Jenny Agutter (still looking like she did in american werewolf due to a curious time warp), Nichole Kidman (singing Diamonds are a girl's best friend because its a great song) and Pamella Anderson (to provide movable ballast in case of CAT).
I am sitting at the bar drinking Mount Gay (ohhh matron!). Joining me for a drink is Billy connelly, because I recon he would be very amusing company.
Flight is to LHR - Hawaii,non-stop and only taking 10 hours.
Wind is often a problem when flying, but on this flight no one will bat an eyelid when you loudly blow the duvet off.
There is no such thing as Good Night Service or bangers and mush.

Mmmmn - heaven in the air!

#74349 by easygoingeezer
24 Aug 2005, 11:44
OK sailer, as long as we can have a BMW badge on the nose, we can use Pams wotsits to project our global positioning device on to, and I get brad pitt to puff up my pillows and David Beckham to pour my DP,
and Karen from Will n grace to sit at my UCS table and bitch about what everyones wearing, "whats this, whats happening, whats that all about", lol
#74415 by Scrooge
24 Aug 2005, 19:23
Hang on a sec,did Alan just call me PC [:0]

That would be a first,anyhow's on the subject in hand,in 30 years of flying around the world I can honestly say that I couldn't care less if it's a lady or a gentalman thats acting as my FA.
#74417 by NYCFlyer
24 Aug 2005, 19:42
I know the world has gone PC mad but this is a genuine answer not a PC one.

I think a balance of male and female crew is the best way forward - it's just like the balance of real life then. Having been on an all male crew (3 of us) many years ago I thought it was a bad show for the pax (esp as one of the crew went sick soon after take off - he is now with VS strangely!). I love seeing a pretty girl as much as any man (well nearly any man!) but the guys do a great job too. FSM Pete (?) was one of the best - good personalilty and efficient.

Graham
Virgin Atlantic