This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7561 by idv
24 Aug 2005, 14:14
Hi

I am flying to Orlando on a 747 and would like to hear users opinions on what the best seats are in economy ?

IE. Which seats deplane first ? service ? comfort etc.

I know there is a seating chart available on this site but all of the front 4 rows of economy are unavailable 22-26 I think and its only these seats that have good reviews.

Thanks
#74371 by fozzyo
24 Aug 2005, 14:21
Hey idv,

For deplaning Economy only disembarks once Upper Class and Premium Economy have got off.

Personally I prefer the very back row's - just two seats across, it us usually just myself and my bf flying. And when landing I usually stay seated until most other people have got off. You can rush to get off the plane, but you still have to wait for bags and immigration. And at MCO you can collect bags first but there is a transfer that requires you to put your bags onto a conveyour and you collect at a second bag carousel so you aren't really much quicker.

Also the rear seats get served food and drinks first so you have a better chance of getting the meals you want.

Foz xxx
#74381 by bostonbrit
24 Aug 2005, 15:41
The front rows are often held for allocation at the airport, so if you really want to sit up front, you'd be well served getting to the airport early for check-in. One problem of being at the front of the cabin - the bayonnets used for babies! If you get a screamer ... it could ruin your flight!
#74420 by Nottingham Nick
24 Aug 2005, 19:57
Originally posted by bostonbrit
the bayonnets used for babies!

bostonbrit

You put your baby in a bassinet, not a bayonet. :)

idv
You may want to check out V-Flyer's seat ratings page here. There are lots of opinions about the seats on the whole VS fleet.

Nick
#74451 by Virgin Lover
24 Aug 2005, 22:20
Hi,

The best seats in economy are the front exit row at the very front of economy (row 25). The left hand side is right at the exit door and they usually let you off before UC or PE (as you are in the way!) the right hand side is the second best as you can follow through as soon as UC and PE have gone. The other reason is that these are exit rows and there fore have lots of legroom! If you get to check-in early enough you can usually bag one of these rows (I have usually been lucky) if you are flying from Gatwick you will need to use twilight checkin and be there before it opens.

Please note however that even if you get off the plane first it may still take you a long time to get out of the airport, due to the odd arrangements at MCO. I have been off first and then waited for bags until most of the rest of the plane have come through before me! Then you still have to hand you bags in again for the train trip to the terminal where you then wait again at another carousel for them to be returned.

Also if you are with a holiday company and have a bus transfer the bus will wait until all the passengers from you flight (that require transfers) have come through and some of them may be at the back!

All in all it is a bit of a lottery, I have been out in 30-40 mins and other times it has taken 1hr 30mins!

Good luck and enjoy orlando.

Neil.
#74518 by p17blo
25 Aug 2005, 12:00
Hi,

On the MCO route there is a small sub cabin for economy which is a left turn from the entrance door. This means they have no choice but to let you off with the UC passengers. Infact you generally de-plane before UC and PE so if you are looking to de-plane first these are the ones to go for. Cannot comment on comfort factor etc, but by the fact they are in front of the engines they should be quiet.

Paul
#74520 by FamilyMan
25 Aug 2005, 12:25
Originally posted by p17blo
Hi,

On the MCO route there is a small sub cabin for economy which is a left turn from the entrance door.

These are indeed the best seats - very quiet compared to the rest of Y. We were seated there on our trip back from MCO in May and deplaned very quickly before the UC/PE pax.

However if I am reading idv right these seats are not available.

Phil (Buffy)
#74522 by FamilyMan
25 Aug 2005, 12:32
Originally posted by bostonbrit
One problem of being at the front of the cabin - the bayonnets used for babies! If you get a screamer ... it could ruin your flight!

I have to admit that it would certainly explain the screaming though - especially during turbulence. :)

Phil (Buffy)
#74598 by Ian
25 Aug 2005, 19:11
I have to agree with fozzyo. These rows are the first to be called for boarding, but I always wait until the last to board - my backside can only take so much of a Y seat. There's always overhead locker space available, so no worries there.
As for deplaning - hey, you're on holiday, so what does it matter if it takes a while longer. Chill out a bit.
Virgin Atlantic