This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7576 by Littlejohn
25 Aug 2005, 12:02
I have a few trips coming up over the coming months and am looking to max the miles I can earn on them. I do have a BMI card, so as a second best could earn the miles on that card (ie with *A).

The flights would be to Salvador (brazil (SSA)), Durban, Qingdao (China probably a bejing stop and then local airline), NYC (that one's easy!).

Any advice would be much appreciated. Also would anyone recommend any particular website to search for flights with.

#74533 by p17blo
25 Aug 2005, 15:03
Had a quick look at this for you.

I have assumed you will be flying back to the UK after each step.

LHR-MIA (VS) then MIA-SSA (via GRU) on AA(Yuk!)
LHR-JNB (Either VS or SA) then JNB-DUR (SA)
LHR-PVG (VS) then PVG-TAO (FM or MU)
LHR-NYC (VS Obviously)

If you need a roundtrip instead let me know and I will see if I can work my magic again.
As far as I am aware the only no mileage part is the AA flights, sorry, couldn't see any other way!

Paul
#74597 by InsertNameHere
25 Aug 2005, 19:01
Miles-wise, can't beat paul's suggestions.

If you want to avoid AA, there's always Varig, but that's apparantly just as bad.
#74653 by Kryten
26 Aug 2005, 04:00
Originally posted by InsertNameHere
Miles-wise, can't beat paul's suggestions.

If you want to avoid AA, there's always Varig, but that's apparantly just as bad.

Varig would get *A miles though, still not sure I would fly them though!
#74659 by Scrooge
26 Aug 2005, 06:29
Seeing as the Brazil leg is the only real pain,have you thought about flying CO MIA-RIO then taking GOL or Tam Meridional over to SSA?

round trip price RIO-SSA is only around $200 and CO service to Brazil is better than AA, Co is pricing out in the mid $800's, all prices are for Y.
Virgin Atlantic