This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#74695 by Bazz
26 Aug 2005, 13:29
Well done, I am sure it will be an experience to remember and savour [y]

The only way we will manage to get on it is if we win the pair of tickets being given away at the FV Party in October. I won't hold my breath ;)
#74696 by RichardMannion
26 Aug 2005, 13:41
That will be the inaugral public flight - there is usually one a day or two before fro invited guests, celebs, press etc...

But enjoy your flight, I'm sure they will make it a good inaugral for you!

Thanks,
Richard
#74697 by fozzyo
26 Aug 2005, 13:42
I think when we finally do our stay at the Burj Al Arab we'll now fly VS - well miles and tier points to be had after all! Mind you I suspect that unless its a reward flight it will be down the back in Economy since all the money will be going on the hotel. I'll just have to get my Origami Black Belt practice in again so I can fold myself into a swan to fit in the seat. ;)

Look forward to hearing about it. Out of interest where you staying when you go?

Foz xxx
#74707 by sky
26 Aug 2005, 14:53
Originally posted by RichardMannion
That will be the inaugral public flight - there is usually one a day or two before fro invited guests, celebs, press etc...

But enjoy your flight, I'm sure they will make it a good inaugral for you!

Thanks,
Richard

Indeed, but it is the first flight I can get on to :D! And I always wanted to go to Dubai!

Cheers
Artur
#74709 by sky
26 Aug 2005, 14:57
Originally posted by fozzyo
I think when we finally do our stay at the Burj Al Arab we'll now fly VS - well miles and tier points to be had after all! Mind you I suspect that unless its a reward flight it will be down the back in Economy since all the money will be going on the hotel. I'll just have to get my Origami Black Belt practice in again so I can fold myself into a swan to fit in the seat. ;)

Look forward to hearing about it. Out of interest where you staying when you go?

Foz xxx

I have no idea where I am staying, I also have no idea where in the world I will be then, but I just saw that there was one D seat left and decided on an impulse to get it (I had some money spare since noone wanted to go with me to Shanghai over the weekend)!

I have heard mixed things about the Burj al Arab, most common is, stay there a couple of days but then get out because it is over the top. Now I am not really scared of OTT so I don't know. I guess I might split it between Burj al Arab and a couple of nights at one of the desert resorts.

First time I ever booked a holiday this long in advance, it feels really good! Also first time I am going to a new place where I don't know anybody since my divorce, a bit scary indeed.

Also I would suspect that thee will be a lot of G availability to Dubai initially since J is pretty much empty after the initial couple of days.

Cheers
sky
#74779 by sky
26 Aug 2005, 19:36
I just noticed the full bucket situation for this flight.

J4 D0 Z0 W0 S0 K0 Y7 B7 L7 M7 Q7 X7 N7

Never seen such a front heavy load before, will we be able to take off [:o)]!

Cheers
Artur
#74821 by mitchja
26 Aug 2005, 22:17
Sky

Cool I'm also on the VS401 on the 2nd April. That's me in seat 2K :D

Regards
#74835 by sky
26 Aug 2005, 23:35
Originally posted by mitchja
Sky

Cool I'm also on the VS401 on the 2nd April. That's me in seat 2K :D

Regards

Cool [8D]! I switched from 2A to 3K, maybe we can have dinner at the bar :D. Returning from holiday or business?

Cheers
Sky
#74837 by honey lamb
26 Aug 2005, 23:38
Have either of you two got your e-tickets yet? I'm still awaiting mine although it's over two weeks since I booked.
#74838 by mitchja
26 Aug 2005, 23:38
Cool [8D]! I switched from 2A to 3K, maybe we can have dinner at the bar :D. Returning from holiday or business?

Cheers
Sky

Great idea!!! LOL

Back from a holiday

Originally posted by honey lamb
Have either of you two got your e-tickets yet? I'm still awaiting mine although it's over two weeks since I booked.

Nothing here yet. I guess it's because it's a new route [?]

Regards
#74840 by sky
26 Aug 2005, 23:46

Originally posted by honey lamb

Nothing here yet. I guess it's because it's a new route [?]

Regards

I got my e-tickets a couple of minutes later. When are you flying honey lamb?

Cheers
sky
#74844 by honey lamb
27 Aug 2005, 00:05
I got my e-tickets a couple of minutes later. When are you flying honey lamb?

April 15th. I know the details have been sent to whoever issues the etickets as there was a mistake in the original booking and when I called to rectify it they told me they had sent the details and were quite surprised that I had not yet received the eticket.
#74869 by mitchja
27 Aug 2005, 10:16
I've just spoken to Premier Team and they say thee reason why I've not received my e-ticket yet is beacause when I made the booking, the DXB route/ticketing info had not been loaded into the e-ticketing system with it been a new route.

Premier Team have put a note through to ticketing to ask them to send me the e-ticket via snail-mail. My booking is confirmed though.

I thought it would be something like that.

Honey lamb, I guess you might want to also give them a call and get them to do the same for you.

Regards
#74990 by honey lamb
28 Aug 2005, 12:43
I've just spoken to Premier Team and they say thee reason why I've not received my e-ticket yet is beacause when I made the booking, the DXB route/ticketing info had not been loaded into the e-ticketing system with it been a new route.

Premier Team have put a note through to ticketing to ask them to send me the e-ticket via snail-mail. My booking is confirmed though.

I thought it would be something like that.

Honey lamb, I guess you might want to also give them a call and get them to do the same for you.

Regards

Thanks for the heads up.

I called yesterday when making my booking for IAD and the Premier Team checked and found that the email had been sent but had been rejected by my ISP [:0] She has now directed it to be resent.
Virgin Atlantic