This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7602 by webdes03
26 Aug 2005, 16:26
When I flew with VS last month, I was told that VS now has some sort of a partnership/codeshare deal with Delta Air Lines. Prior to boarding the flight, in EWR, the agents announced that anyone with a DL boarding pass should check with the gate agent.

Does anyone know exactly what the DL/VS terms are? I work for a Delta Connection carrier, and can't find any information on it...

Would be nice if VS would service London from CVG!!!! Perfect link-up with the DL system, plus it would make it so much easier for me to get to London, since I always fly VS over the pond! hehe...
#74738 by Nottingham Nick
26 Aug 2005, 17:22
Also FC members can earn points on Delta flights, details here.

Don't know about a codeshare though, currently AFAIK it is only possible to book Continental code share flights though the VS website.

Nick
#74825 by webdes03
26 Aug 2005, 22:50
I knew of the shared mileage benefits, but was unaware that you could earn Tier points flying with DL... thats a nice bonus...

I was just suprised when the gate agent asked DL boarding card holders to check with her, I was unaware that we (DL) issued boarding cards for VS flights. Maybe down the road code-share's will come into light.

As I said though, I'd love to see VS fly into CVG from LHR or LGW... then I could non-rev DL from my home airport to CVG, as opposed to driving 3 hours to EWR.
#74828 by philadam
26 Aug 2005, 23:13
GrinningJackanapes, sorry I have asked this one before elsewhere without a definitive answer. Have you been able to use Revivals at Heathrow on a Delta award ticket? Any insight appreciated.

Phil
#75219 by philadam
30 Aug 2005, 20:26
Dear Sir,

When I check into the CH at SFO, I always ask for my Revival invites and they are duly issued -- both on DL award tickets and when paying full-fare UCS. There's never been a problem. The only thing I am aware of in terms of dimunition of experience is the fact that the car service is not available on a DL award ticket...you have to pay 10,000 more miles for that and frankly, I'm happy throwing down a couple tenners for Heathrow Express.

Toodles, noodles...

Thanks for that. I'll let my friends know to ask.

Phil
#75233 by daveos1
30 Aug 2005, 22:52
I am flying USC in Oct LAX/LHR on a Delta Award Ticket. I spoke with UCS Res here in the USA and they confirm thar Revivals is available. As pointed out, the only thing you dont get is the car. Apart from that, you get the full UCS experience.
#75235 by philadam
30 Aug 2005, 22:57
Dave, thanks for your confirmation too.[y]

Phil
Virgin Atlantic