This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7665 by s0436
31 Aug 2005, 08:29
I heard that it isn't posssible to allocate seats online (Virgin website) before the SYD flight. And then not being able to check-in and then go to the DIY check-in desk at LHR. Is this true?
#75319 by slinky09
31 Aug 2005, 14:24
Someone else will know this better than I but I recall reading somewhere that seat allocation for the HKG-SYD leg is 'owned' by check-in in Hong Kong, so it's not possible to online check-in all the way ... I'm sure there was a post on this somewhere (mods, can you find it?).
#75321 by preiffer
31 Aug 2005, 14:35
Originally posted by slinky09
I'm sure there was a post on this somewhere (mods, can you find it?).
Would this be the one? ;):D
#75324 by s0436
31 Aug 2005, 14:55
So you can do the online check-in malarky for the LHR-HKG sector, but not the HKG-SYD one, right? That would be ok for me because the LHR-HKG route is always a lot busier and it would be nice to be able to pre-allocate the exact seat before the flight.
#75364 by Richard28
31 Aug 2005, 18:37
Does this apply just to on-line check in - i.e. are you able to allocate seats at time of booking?

And if so, can you choose each leg separately (e.g. LHR-HKG and HKG-SYD), or do you choose one seat for the whole through trip?
#75368 by mitchja
31 Aug 2005, 19:21
I'm pretty sure VS do now allow OLCI for SYD. I cannot find anyhting on the VS website, however, I did find this bit in the OLCI section:

If you are travelling to or from the US, China, Australia or Japan, you will need your passport to hand to complete online check in.

Regards
#75595 by robandgill
01 Sep 2005, 23:52
Originally posted by s0436
I heard that it isn't posssible to allocate seats online (Virgin website) before the SYD flight. And then not being able to check-in and then go to the DIY check-in desk at LHR. Is this true?

Hi

We used OLCI when flying direct to SYD in may

Check-in staff were somwhat confused though
when we arrived LHR - thought you couldn't but
when they looked us up everything was in order.

Robert
#75612 by djuluvmee
02 Sep 2005, 09:20
I have just recently booked flights to Sydney, and we have been able to allocate our seats online, on both legs of the journey. We are also stopping in Hong Kong on the way over, and it has let us choose our seast for the journey in to Sydney.
#75678 by Daffy
02 Sep 2005, 19:51
When Online check in was first launched, you weren't able to for the SYD route however that has now changed since the end of March. The confusion at Heathrow probably came from the fact the kiosks still can't except SYD passengers.
Virgin Atlantic