This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7716 by jilly
02 Sep 2005, 19:18
I am travelling out on Sunday and have my e ticket.

However, my partner and friends are travelling out on 10 Sep again with an e ticket. Their original booking was for the VS49 which has been canx and they are now travelling on the VS15 instead. The reference has remained the same but we still only have the original flight details. I have emailed for a new itinerary but have yet received no response - do you think an updated e ticket is necessary for check-in or will the original be OK.[?]

Jilly
#75706 by p17blo
02 Sep 2005, 23:36
This happened to me once and I was very concerned, but at check in I had no problems at all. Can't remember if this was pre or post 9/11 and am not sure if it would make any difference anyway.

I would say you wouldn't need an update just as long as you know what flight you are on (so you turn up at the right time etc) I am sure the computers at the airport will tie up

Just looked at your up-coming flights. Are you really going to be in MCO for 26 days? What are you going to be doing for all that time?

Paul
#75725 by jilly
03 Sep 2005, 11:31
Thanks Paul

Yes its really 26 days. Lots of chilling, eating, drinking, relaxing and - oh yes - shopping[}:)]

I'm off to the Hilton now see you all soon

Jilly
#75821 by KenJohn
04 Sep 2005, 17:34
It will not be a problem. E-ticket shows you have a ticket and gets you through check-in security to the counter. Just give security the story only if they ask. Security will only get stroppy if your e-tickets shows Y and you want to join the Premium Economy or Upper Class counter queues.

VS systems in the UK cannot cope with issuing a revised e-ticket. Once I claimed to have lost the email and they had to print a paper copy of the e-ticket off at the office and post it to me by snail mail. I suspect it is the same in Oz.[V] You could try this ploy.

Booking reference on the system has all the revised flight details that that is what the check-in staff will use not the email. They just need the email to get the Booking reference to look-up their system.
#76162 by jilly
06 Sep 2005, 21:36
Just to update - My partner has today received another e-ticket from Virgin with new time for flight on Saturday (this was requested last week). So it seems they can re-issue.

Jilly
Virgin Atlantic