This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7733 by Clueless
03 Sep 2005, 22:19
Help. I'm a gold elite member at Continental.

I've got a Premium Economy Type-W ticket next week from JFK to London.

I'm just curious as to whether I have any chance at an upgrade to the front of the plane. In other words, does being an elite class flyer at Continental make a difference in trying to get an upgrade at Virgin? Does it make any difference if I buy the ticket under the CO flight number or the Virgin flight number?

I hope that the question makes sense. Thanks for any help in advance.
#75759 by VS-EWR
03 Sep 2005, 23:52
I cannot tell you my own personal experiences, but I just read a thread on FlyerTalk where someone was in your situation and was upset about not getting an upgrade. But people explained to him that VS's frequent flyers get priority, which makes sense because it is VS metal.
#75765 by Clueless
04 Sep 2005, 00:29
Thanks for the quick response. I understand your point and agree -- VS customers should obviously get priority. The kid in me simply thinks it would be fun to try UC once.

While I'm asking stupid questions, is there an easy place to see how many of the seats on a particular flight have been sold? If it is on the VS website, I just haven't figured it out yet...
#75767 by Scrooge
04 Sep 2005, 00:38
the easy place is right here..just become a member and you get to see the Availability Tool
#75854 by preiffer
04 Sep 2005, 23:12
Originally posted by Clueless
In other words, does being an elite class flyer at Continental make a difference in trying to get an upgrade at Virgin?
Short & simple answer: No.

However, if you're on a full W fare ticket, that in isolation will certainly stand you in good stead for any upgrades should they *need* to happen...
Virgin Atlantic