This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7740 by Madmilomutt
04 Sep 2005, 17:52
Hello all..

First post on this excellent web site.:D

One question if I may. Booked upperclass both ways for our journey to Florida next year. The flight home is overnight, do we get pyjama's and do we have to ask for them or are then offered? Does anyone know what sizes they go up to as well..? I am a lady on the larger size [:I] and I would like to know if they are going to fit me..!!

Lastly do we get to keep them..??;)

Many thanks

Sezz
#75824 by Nottingham Nick
04 Sep 2005, 18:04
Welcome Sezz:) Thanks for the kind words about the site.

Yes, you do get a sleep suit on overnight flights in UC. You can also get them on day flights if you ask nicely . They are given to you before take off, after you have had the workings of the suite explained to you.

The crew are very good, they will discreetly look at you, and give you the appropriate size [:I][:o)] . The suits are yours to keep and use at home, or sell on EBay as the fancy takes you [8D].

They come in small, medium and large - and the large is fairly generous ;)[}:)]

Nick
#75826 by DavidM
04 Sep 2005, 18:44
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
They come in small, medium and large - and the large is fairly generous ;)[}:)]

Nick

I'm mortally offended, Nick. Large is not generous at all - it's just right for an average sort of 6' 3" blerk! :D

Best wishes

David
#75829 by Madmilomutt
04 Sep 2005, 19:53
Thank you to you both for your replies.

One last question... do many people wear the PJ's on the flight..??

I am wondering if I could get away with changing into a pair of comfy bottoms and a top if the sleep suits don't fit. or would I be committing a social faux pas..[:I]:D[:I]
#75830 by Nottingham Nick
04 Sep 2005, 19:55
Entirely a matter for you... you will be under the duvet.. so who will know?? I didn't pay too much attention, but I don't think that many of the pax on our flight used them.... which is why there are so many 'brand new' ones on EBay. ;)[8D]

Nick
#75833 by JohnD
04 Sep 2005, 20:12
I always seem to get asked what size I would like - I normally raise an eyebrow and suggest they hazard a guess but the last time I did this I was told many men take them home for their wives:D

As she wasn't with me and becuase I can't resist an easy pun I instanlty responded XL then (PS don't tell[B)] )
#75837 by p17blo
04 Sep 2005, 20:29
I am 6'3" and I fit into the sleep suits. About 1/2 the people on any given flight put their sleep suits on. Most people expect to see a few people milling around with a sleep suit on, but I can tell you they are a lot nicer to sleep in that a pair of jeans. So just do it if you want to.

Paul
#75838 by jaguarpig
04 Sep 2005, 20:32
On our recent trip to MCO I asked for a sleep suit on the way out to be told none were loaded.No problems on the way home.
#75840 by Littlejohn
04 Sep 2005, 20:51
Your question reminds me of my first UC trip - so concerned about committing some sort of faux pas. But please do remember it is you who has paid for the ticket, and you can do just about what you want. If you want to use the sleep suit then fine. If not (and I don't normally) then thats fine too. I have not yet been on a flight where people have been minding their P&Q's, so please do make sure you enjoy yourself!

#75851 by Scrooge
04 Sep 2005, 22:32
As DavidM says,I find them a little snug in certain areas,but they are better than jeans..i'll be taking them on my flight this week..see how the BA fa react to a VS nija suits..heck I can ask for a BA one..if only they had them (do they have them back yet?)
#75869 by roadrunner
05 Sep 2005, 03:08
Sleep suits are sized generously--a small is large on me (5'4") and a medium is large on my 5'9" partner. I have always wondered if we really are supposed to take them with us (although that hasn't stopped me when I know I am headed for a cold climate). Night flights seem to routinely offer them but not so in the day?

RR
#75880 by jaguarpig
05 Sep 2005, 10:21
heck I can ask for a BA one..if only they had them (do they have them back yet?)

BA only give out suits in first, they have never been part of the CW service,I think they are supposed to be loaded from today in first.
#75898 by sky
05 Sep 2005, 12:32
Originally posted by Madmilomutt

I am wondering if I could get away with changing into a pair of comfy bottoms and a top if the sleep suits don't fit. or would I be committing a social faux pas..[:I]:D[:I]

I usually change into the ninja suit ASAP and then stay in it. I mean, who cares what other people think :D. Sitting in a bar in a black pyjamas drinking champagne is decadently appealing to me :).

I am used to always wearing large, but the large suit was too large for me.

Enjoy your UC trip!

Cheers
sky
#75947 by Scrooge
05 Sep 2005, 20:46
Originally posted by jaguarpig
heck I can ask for a BA one..if only they had them (do they have them back yet?)

BA only give out suits in first, they have never been part of the CW service,I think they are supposed to be loaded from today in first.

I knew that,but maybe they would want to get me out of the nija suit..just me dreaming away again..[8D]
#76148 by KenJohn
06 Sep 2005, 20:30
They do not carry very many small sizes. I have a couple of overflowing mediums tuck away in a cupboard somewhere. I'm 5'2"
#76264 by VS045
07 Sep 2005, 19:35
Most people I have seen where them, although some UC newbies, sorry newby, seem to wait and see what everyone else does.;)

Cheers,
VS045
#77301 by ChuckC
16 Sep 2005, 15:11
Originally posted by Madmilomutt

Welcome aboard, VFlyer!

Wear what you want. That is part of VS' marketing philosophy for the Upper Class cabin: "be comfortable".

Looking forward to reading your trip report.

Regards,
Chuck-
Virgin Atlantic