This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7749 by xenole
05 Sep 2005, 13:48
Been looking at the Virgin website and it mentions two pieces of luggage are allowed.
Does this mean 1 piece of hand luggage for the cabin and 1 piece of hold luggage, or two pieces of hold luggage (up to 32kg each?) and your hand luggage (up to 6kg?)?
Not quite sure which it means and don't want to turn up with 3 bags and find I can only have two or something like that.....
#75904 by preiffer
05 Sep 2005, 13:51
You're allowed 2 pieces of hold luggage (up to 32kg each) and one piece of cabin baggage.
#75915 by csparker
05 Sep 2005, 17:45
I took a look at the VS website myself as the apparent "up to 64kg per person" limit rang some alarm bells (that is the Ryanair pax in me).

The link I used is here, and in summary there are different rules depending on destination
Transatlantic, Caribbean and Nigerian routes where you are allowed two pieces per pax (three for upper class)
South African, Australian, Asian and Dubai where you are limited to 20kg (30kg for upper)

Don't take my summary as the full set of rules - as there are size restrictions on the piece-based allowances, hand luggage, infants' allowances as well.