This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7756 by n/a
05 Sep 2005, 17:42
Ummm, I seem to be unable to locate a thread that had created some discussion around the toilets and security in UCS upper deck.

It has suddenly disappeared, without any word to me, the original poster. Is this the policy, for some invisible hand of god to descend, Maradona-like, to punch my post into the net of oblivion, or have I merely made a mistake?

I certainly would not appreciate my posts being removed without warning or word to the wise to me via private message.
#75921 by preiffer
05 Sep 2005, 18:38
Hi GrinningJackanapes,

The particular thread you are referring to was removed by one of the moderation team after a specific request from other users.

It has not been deleted, but simply moved for review. I will flag this thread to the rest of the moderator team to ensure we do this asap.

I can assure you that threads are not deleted by an "invisible hand of god", but we do have an obligation to other members of the site as well as the original poster to ensure both views are treated sensitively.

Unfortunately, in this case, you seem to have not received a note regarding the temporary removal - we'll ensure this happens in future, should the need arise.
#75925 by kkempton
05 Sep 2005, 19:05
Couldnt we have a sticky thread on this forum listing all threads removed by mods in the last 14 days? This is on another forum I use, and is very helpful.
#75927 by preiffer
05 Sep 2005, 19:07
Originally posted by kkempton
Couldnt we have a sticky thread on this forum listing all threads removed by mods in the last 14 days? This is on another forum I use, and is very helpful.
To be fair, it's VERY rare, so I'm not sure it's necessary to have a sticky for this purpose. In 99.9% of cases, the OP would be informed also.

At the moment, the sticky would consist of one entry - just this thread from GrinningJackanapes.
#75930 by Nottingham Nick
05 Sep 2005, 19:25
To back up what Paul has said. I don't think it is worth starting a sticky, as this problem is such a rarity. AFAIK this is the first time it has been done.

Internal security on aircraft is a very sensitive issue, the specifics of it are not probably the best thing to be discussing on a public website.

Nick
#75981 by preiffer
05 Sep 2005, 22:56
OK,

To prevent this topic disappearing into any personal argument, I'm locking this topic and deleting the last few posts.

As stated above, this situation is very rare, and usually due to input from another member of the site. The particular topic in question is being reviewed at present, and we'll re-post it onto the main site if suitable in the future.
Virgin Atlantic