This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#7815 by twirlygal
08 Sep 2005, 10:20
I have just booked a companion flight for my son together with a stand alone reward flight into LAX and returning from SFO for next July there are 3 of us travelling. The booking agent advised me that the outbound flight was an airbus which has 2-4-2 seating config in Economy, and has put us in seats 34a &c and 35c.This does not appear to correspond with the info on this site which shows 747-400 as the usual aircraft Im very new to this so perhaps I am reading it all wrong

I have now tried to amend seats requested on-line but although system shows me the seats which have been allocated it does not display the seat map for amendments to be made. It just says that seats will be allocated on check-in. This applies to return flight from SFO also.Also all three of us have separate booking references which means if we do on line check in we will have to log on 3 separate times.

I am confused
#76354 by mike-smashing
08 Sep 2005, 10:26
It's planned that the VS7/8 will change from a 744 to an A340-600 in November this year.

Cheers,
Mike
#76356 by newby
08 Sep 2005, 10:29
Originally posted by twirlygal
Also all three of us have separate booking references which means if we do on line check in we will have to log on 3 separate times.

I am confused

You will only have to do on-line check in once for all 3 of you - I had the same concern as you a couple of weeks back and if you start OLCI with the first person's booking it then asks you if you are travelling with any other passengers and if so how many and will then prompt you for their booking references and other details (passport no, name, dob, passport issue place, passport expiry) etc. That way you are then all checked in together as a group.

newby
#76574 by twirlygal
10 Sep 2005, 12:27
Thanks for feedback on this. It sets my mind at rest to know that I can link this when checking in on line.

Does anyone have any idea why seat map might not be available for either of these flights at this time to update booking?
#76585 by p17blo
10 Sep 2005, 13:44
As there appeared to be a problem with the seat maps which now looks like it is fixed you may want to look again. The problems other where experiencing where on flights this year so it may not have changed anything for yours, but still worth another look

Paul
#76603 by twirlygal
10 Sep 2005, 15:42
Have just checked this out again and as you said it is working now and everything OK.

Thanks very much for your help
Virgin Atlantic