This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8012 by VS045
21 Sep 2005, 22:02
Hi all,

Well I thought that since we have had loads of negative threads about VS cost cutting etc. I'd start one on all the good things at VS.

I'll start us off then:

Don't you love getting to a CH really early with nobody/hardly anybody else there and the staff fuss around you with no one else to attend to.

Another quick one, isn't great having bacon sarnies followed by ice cream for every meal![:p]:D

Cheers,
VS045
#77933 by kkempton
21 Sep 2005, 22:19
I like them as a whole, they have a brilliant company image.
Firstly, their website is colourful, fun and even slightly humerous, other sites like BA are boring. Also the amount of information is vast compared to otehr airlines sites.
Secondly, their planes are named... really sad i know but it makes flying a bit more fun!
Thirdly, even Nova makes a good IFE system and VS normally have a good mix of TV shows (i.e The simpsons)
Fourthly, The food in economy is much nicer than other airlines
Fifthly, I like the FA's. They are always friendly (or mnost the time)

Yay for Virgin!!! :D
#77938 by easygoingeezer
21 Sep 2005, 22:41
I like Virgin cause its cool.

And Sir R himself took the time to write to me personally no less than three times.

Virgin rocks
#77941 by AndyK
21 Sep 2005, 23:12
Only airline I've flown which is consistently able to actually remember to load my vegan meals.

Much better miles scheme for economy fliers like myself.

Fun, vibrant brand.

Extremely attractive FAs.
#77977 by JohnD
22 Sep 2005, 10:54
Proper fried breakfast in revivals (after a nice hot shower) served on a plate with metal knives and forks.:D

And....'Your limo is ready when you are Sir....'

Can't touch that
#77978 by mike-smashing
22 Sep 2005, 11:04
For me, it is really simple:

* Best lounges in the industry.
* Good Flying Club Gold benefits (like Revivals access).
* Nice flat bed in Upper Class, when I can either afford it, or upgrade into it.
* The ability to "double bump" with upgrades (from Y to J).

Cheers,
Mike
#77981 by Dave Adkins
22 Sep 2005, 11:43
HI Guys just got back from my trip - TR to follow as soon as jet-lag allows. Virgin are of course the best, but what makes them the best is the attention to detail. Especially there treatment of disabled pax:D
#77988 by jaguarpig
22 Sep 2005, 13:28
Have to agree with mike-smashing VS have the best lounges in the world(some will say the wing and the pier at HKG are better but you do have to be in F to get into the best areas, mega ££££££££s.The UCS is an unbeatable J bed.VSFC is an fantastic programme and when you reach AU status the prem team are the best,always willing to go that extra mile. Try asking BAEC to let you go overdrawn a few miles and guess what they say.
#78042 by bostonbrit
22 Sep 2005, 20:09
Simply put - the best thing about VS ... It's not BA!
#78048 by Richard28
22 Sep 2005, 20:32
Show me another airline that does this, and I'll consider changing...

Flying Club - not impossible to earn good rewards
Can also gain and retain Silver relatively easily, so you feel a little more special
Z Fares for Upper Class :)
Clubhouses
Boarding music - puts you in mood straight away
V:Port IFE (where available....)
Clubhouses
In flight bar
And of course, in flight massage..

Rich.
#78049 by VS045
22 Sep 2005, 20:50
Maybe we should have a virginaholics anonymous meeting:D

Cheers,
VS045
#78052 by Richard28
22 Sep 2005, 21:25
Originally posted by VS045

Cheers,
VS045

"Good evening, my name's Richard28, and I'm a Virginaholic" ;)
#78055 by VS045
22 Sep 2005, 22:01
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe we should have a virginaholics anonymous meeting

Cheers,
VS045

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good evening, my name's Richard28, and I'm a Virginaholic"

LMAO:D

Cheers,
VS045
#78057 by slinky09
22 Sep 2005, 22:23
Originally posted by Richard28

Cheers,
VS045

"Good evening, my name's Richard28, and I'm a Virginaholic" ;)

All together now "Hello Richard"
#78058 by honey lamb
22 Sep 2005, 22:32
Hello Richard
#78065 by Richard28
23 Sep 2005, 00:22
Thanks guys!

I feel so much better, and am now on the road to recovery ;)

now who's next???
#78067 by Howard Long
23 Sep 2005, 02:02
Originally posted by Richard28
now who's next???

Hello my name is Howard. I am a Virginaholic.

Recently I've been feeling that I am coming to terms with my condition, accepting that once you are a Virginaholic you are a Virginaholic for life.

But other temptations have been put before me and I am finding it hard to resist. The possibility of spending a three days in a tent in T4 car park with a Jazz band sounds really exciting, and I'm close to succumbing to the inticement of sitting bolt upright for twenty four hours to the other side of the world, ensconced in the depravity of nothing but a selection of tea, coffee and water, and a limited video selection. I am really starting to get quite thrilled.

I have also been offered more hardcore wares from the same lure that sounds even more enticing. If I pay top dollar for the smallest item on offer 125 times over, I receive a free sample. I think that you join a special Endurance Club to get your free sample.

But wait, there's more. If I take the extra option of a deal six times the normal street price, I get a seat that allows me to sit both bolt upright and lie flat, all in the luxury of a slightly thicker piece of foam. I still get my selection of tea, coffee and water. On special occasions I get a box with a sandwich and bar of chocolate from rooms called the Crazy Pavings lounges run by the Endurance Club.

As you can see the attraction of all this has rather upset my recovery and I am actively seeking help. I hope to see you all on the other side.

Howard
#78095 by galgorm
23 Sep 2005, 13:24
[xx(]Just been informed that there was a delay (euphemism) in booking my UCS seat for HKG next month and I will have to fly Cathay business instead (its £500 cheaper).
No massage, no 39,000ft bar, no massive clubhouse, no lie flat (i mean totally horizontal) bed,no duvet, no humourous fa's. As my CEO said I'm hardly slumming it but thats not the point.
Last time with Cathay I cracked a joke with thier fa then got jet lag explaining it. Oh well, least I'll be able to do a compare and contrast TR. [:(]
#78099 by ChuckC
23 Sep 2005, 13:49

Cheers,
VS045

VS045, We are -- in Vegas!!!!

Mike Smashing and Richard28 listed my favorite things.

Despite the inconsistencies we discuss here, VS remains the largest airline in the world where, from the moment the first VS employee says "hello" and "welcome aboard", I truly feel that I'm heading off to an adventure.

Also, what a compliment to Virgin that over 1,000 of its flyers are interested enough in its future that we have banded together to create this Forum.

Chuck-
#78130 by slinky09
23 Sep 2005, 17:39
Here's why:
- they entertain me on the ground and in the air with marvellous products and services
- they feed me well and give me drinks
- they charm me with professional, courteous and sometimes fetching crew
- because if I'm to be bored for eight hours @ 35,000 ft I have the option of a drink and chat at the bar
- because on many occassions PE is how I travel and it symptomises the innovation and forward drive (what's next for this though?)
- because others are dull and frumpy and my brand values are not
- because I can take my no. 1 for free sometimes since the miles scheme is way better than the rest
- and even when it goes wrong I feel listened to

Only thing is, it's a hard standard to live up to and to stay ahead!
#78558 by mcuth
26 Sep 2005, 22:22
To add my 2p:
- The professionalism & friendliness of the staff (I've always been treated well by VS staff, whether on the phone, on the ground, in the air - unlike other airlines)
- Flying Club (tier levels, mileage earning, upgrade & redemption opportunities)
- Clubhouses & Revivals
- Funky, young & friendly brand
- Always enjoyed the food (whatever class of travel)
- Onboard bar & IFBT
- Pre-ordering Duty Free & earning miles for it :D
- V:Port
- Never lost or broken my luggage (tempting fate!)

Cheers

Michael
#78599 by VS045
27 Sep 2005, 10:52
They always manage to make you feel "special," even if you're not - such as yours truly!:D

Cheers,
VS045
#78623 by ChuckC
27 Sep 2005, 14:46
Perhaps we should list all these positives on our home page. This speaks for itself about why we're here.:D

Regards,
Chuck-
Virgin Atlantic