This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8111 by SimonEdwards
28 Sep 2005, 16:20
Does anyone know how long it takes for Flying Club Miles earned from introducing a friend take to be credited to one's Flying Club account? My girlfriend who I 'introduced' made a flight in PE on 14th Sept and her new a/c has had the miles earned from that flight credited to it.

Could do with the extra miles to help with upgrading to UCS as I might have to fly back to LAX beginning of November.

P.S. sorry to Administrators, I think I posted this Topic to the wrong part of the site earlier today.:)
#78754 by AlanA
28 Sep 2005, 16:44
Do you know what ticket class the flight was booked on in PE?
#78756 by preiffer
28 Sep 2005, 17:12
Originally posted by AlanA
Do you know what ticket class the flight was booked on in PE?
Doesn't actually matter Alan, unless it was a reward flight.

H/K/W are all valid fare classes for Premium Economy MMF qualification. (I'm assuming the ticket was paid for)
#78854 by SimonEdwards
29 Sep 2005, 01:20
Hi, it was a paid for W Class ticket. I was told at the time it qualified for MMF, just wanted to make sure.

Actually do you know if a W fare would allow me to upgrade to UCS with miles once at the airport, or before hand even?
#78856 by Scrooge
29 Sep 2005, 03:15
Originally posted by SimonEdwards
Hi, it was a paid for W Class ticket. I was told at the time it qualified for MMF, just wanted to make sure.

Actually do you know if a W fare would allow me to upgrade to UCS with miles once at the airport, or before hand even?

yes it would,W is a full fare PE ticket.
#78932 by SimonEdwards
29 Sep 2005, 15:53
On the upgrades front, is it possible to upgrade a K to UCS at the airport? I got the impression from reading the upgrade section on the this site that in principle it is not, but in practice it can be done depending on if they are in an upgrading mood.

I know my mother managed an upgrade last year from Economy to UC with airmiles at the airport going to CPT, and believe it or not, they never actually took them from her account! Probably one good reason to leave upgrading to the last minute :)
#78967 by mcuth
29 Sep 2005, 18:31
On the upgrades front, is it possible to upgrade a K to UCS at the airport? I got the impression from reading the upgrade section on the this site that in principle it is not, but in practice it can be done depending on if they are in an upgrading mood.

Your impression is absolutely correct :) It's not just the "upgrading mood", but depends on the loading of the flight and whether it suits VS or not...

Cheers

Michael
#79020 by SimonEdwards
30 Sep 2005, 00:11
Michael thanks for the reply, what do you mean by flight loading?
#79029 by mcuth
30 Sep 2005, 05:57
Michael thanks for the reply, what do you mean by flight loading?

Typically it would cover how full the flight is, how many people have actually checked-in, is the flight oversold, how many seats are available in each class.....

Cheers

Michael
#79228 by NYCFlyer
01 Oct 2005, 14:33
Friend of mine had the same problem. It took a lot of chasing of FC before anything happened. Best advice would be to phone (lots) and persevere.

Graham
#79233 by bostonbrit
01 Oct 2005, 15:03
sometimes, MMF points come through very quickly indeed - like within a few days on the return flight. other times, you have to wait 2-4 weeks. as said in earlier replies, best to call FC and chase...
#79240 by ela123
01 Oct 2005, 15:34
Does anyone know how long it takes for Flying Club Miles earned from introducing a friend take to be credited to one's Flying Club account?

When my miles were not credited after a week, I emailed and they went on straight away.[y]
Virgin Atlantic