This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8121 by adam777
28 Sep 2005, 20:31
Im sure this has been covered before here but couldnt find any relevent topics so I apologise for any potential repetition.

Using an online availability tool I see that a flight I am interested in (ANU-LGW Nov 9th 05) is full in J.

Can I assume that means it is definately full or are there circumstances in which this is likely to change?, 'likely to change' being the important term there.

Thanks.
#78807 by preiffer
28 Sep 2005, 20:36
It can very easily change. Someone with a full J ticket (or someoneS) can shift to a different flight; people can cancel; people decide not to take a reserved reward flight.

(Any seats held by travel agents can be released if the customer decides they don't want to ticket it yet, too).

So... yes. HOWEVER, on a LGW flight, where there are only 14 J seats, the odds are greatly decreased:

Many passengers are on inflexible/Z/V.Holidays tickets, and won't want to or be able to change.
There are only 14 seats, so your "raw" probability is already lower than a plane with 48 "options".
#78812 by adam777
28 Sep 2005, 21:33
Thanks for the reply, I guessed it was a 'take my chances' kind of a deal.

Well I think I'll leave it till its time to make the go/no go decision and if the cabin has no availability then I may try the BA flight instead.

Thanks for the prompt reply.