This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8179 by KenJohn
01 Oct 2005, 17:10
Flew from LHR to JFK last Wednesday when I saw something quite rare and funny.

For some reason, the video safety presentation was not working and they were doing a manual demostration.

All the flight attendents got into place and stood waiting and looked around puzzled. The sharp CSD (or whatever Virgin calls them) then walks to the toilet in front of seat 2A, knocks on the door and says "Sir, we are waiting for you to start the safetry demonstration".

A sheepish guys quickly comes out and runs back to his seat.

It was fairly amusing to watch. I am sure most of the other passengers in UC did not realise what was going on but as I was seated in 2K, I got to observe the full show.
#79251 by Nottingham Nick
01 Oct 2005, 17:14
LOL, Was he made to write 'I must not be late for class' 100 times, as a punishment?

Nick
#79253 by honey lamb
01 Oct 2005, 18:20
For some reason, the video safety presentation was not working and they were doing a manual demostration.

Didn't I read somewhere that the crew are required to do a number of manual demonstrations and they do them at the end of each month?
#79258 by Littlejohn
01 Oct 2005, 19:38
LOL. But I must admit I would have been furious if it had been me in the head.
#79272 by virgin is the best
01 Oct 2005, 22:29
Safety comes first! Also at this point in time the seat belt signs will have been on so he should have been sat in his seat anyway.

Yes at certain times of the month we have to complete a manual safety demo.
Virgin Atlantic