This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#79402 by SimonEdwards
03 Oct 2005, 12:09
Laptop power was available in PE on both legs of my recent trip LHR-LAX-LHR. Unfortunately it wasn't turned on during the return leg.

Also you might want to make sure you laptop is one Virgin have adaptors on board for.
#79431 by mike-smashing
03 Oct 2005, 16:25
Originally posted by SimonEdwards
Laptop power was available in PE on both legs of my recent trip LHR-LAX-LHR. Unfortunately it wasn't turned on during the return leg.

Sometimes, the crew need to be reminded to switch the laptop power on. Just ping your call bell and ask for it to be enabled. They will usually tell you if it's definitely inop on the aircraft you are travelling on.

VS seem to be one of the few airlines who actually switch it off for takeoff and landing. Almost everyone else seems to leave it turned on all the time - even with the same EmPower system that VS uses.

Also you might want to make sure you laptop is one Virgin have adaptors on board for.

Or, as I do, bring your own.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you using your laptop in any cabin (once the seatbelt sign goes off after takeoff), you just need a big enough battery if there's no power socket supplied!

Cheers,
Mike
#79451 by bostonbrit
03 Oct 2005, 19:44
AA has laptop power throughout all classes of service - for domestic USA as well as international! I love this service addition. Shame VS doesn't have this. Then again, with the VS seat pitch in Y, you don't stand much chance of seeing your laptop screen anyway!