This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8225 by SANDYT
04 Oct 2005, 10:06
I am currently saving up both miles and pounds for a once in a lifetime UC experience to Sydney next year - almost there!! One question though - with the new lounge opening at LHR I see they are offering all these services, spa, facials, massages, etc before we even board the flight - but are they free? Clearly a seasoned UC traveller may mock at this question, but as a frequent Ec passenger - I have to ask?
Thanks
#79543 by Nottingham Nick
04 Oct 2005, 10:10
Sandy

With paid or reward UC tickets, everything in the CH is free (or more accurately - included in the price of the tickets.)

If you do a forum search, there are lots of comments / tips about how to get the best from your CH experience.

Nick
#79544 by preiffer
04 Oct 2005, 10:10
Yup - free,

You pay zero, nothing, nada, nowt, 0 - as an Upper Class/Gold passenger [y]:D

Grrr - 52 seconds...!
#79546 by easygoingeezer
04 Oct 2005, 10:19
Assuming your ticket allows Access to the lounges I think everything in them is FOC, always has been for me though not been fortunate enough to fly from Heathrow yet.
#79555 by Littlejohn
04 Oct 2005, 12:15
All free as the wind. And no one here will mock you for not being a seasoned UC traveller. Sounds like a great trip you have saved for, and I hope you really enjoy it.
#79580 by bostonbrit
04 Oct 2005, 15:02
One small caveat to the *free* comments on this thread. I always find that if you have a treatment of any kind, a small token / tip to the therapist is always very much appreciated. And for the record, totally worth it. As a regular through LHR, I am sure that this little gesture is remembered - I always get very very well looked after.
#79582 by ChuckC
04 Oct 2005, 15:16
SandyT,
Welcome to the VFlyer Forum. We're glad you're with us.

In hearing that VS offers its many unique Clubhouse services (including hot meals!) absolutely free to Upper Class pax you now begin what we hope will be a fantastic journey. Even more amazing is that once you enter the higher level of Flying Club membership and become one of VS' most loyal pax you need not even fly Upper Class to enjoy the Clubhouse.

BTW Bostonbrit makes a good point about gratuities for your VS services!

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

Chuck-
#79624 by NYCFlyer
04 Oct 2005, 19:28
Agree, its a great free service but I also make a point of giving the therapist a gratuity.

As someone who started out flying Virgin in Y, I fully appreciate your desire to get up front into UCS - it is so worth it :)

Graham
Virgin Atlantic