This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#79812 by mitchja
05 Oct 2005, 21:21
BA have been doing this promo on and off for some time now!!!!

Regards
#79819 by Howard Long
05 Oct 2005, 21:56
Originally posted by sandersonm
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/fi ... blic/en_gb

FWIW I am doing a back-to-back this weekend, out VS UCS, back BA FC. I haven't flown BA FC for over a year, so it will be interesting to make the comparisons so directly after each other.

I have found the bed in UCS to be very very quiet and comfortable, quieter the BA's FC. I prefer the reclining action of the BA FC seat compared to the flip motion of UCS.

The food, booze and personal service in BA's FC is definitely better in the air. The booze in the LHR FC and Concorde lounges is also really excellent quality, although the food isn't that great - gone are the days of the awesome canapees they gave you before boarding Concorde.

What else do I prefer about VS UC compared to BA FC? The on board bar, the V:Port, the massage, the unstuffiness of it all.

What else do I prefer about BA FC? The food, the booze, the personal service - oh I already mentioned that.

I'll have an update next week!

Cheers, Howard
#79834 by bostonbrit
05 Oct 2005, 22:57
Seems really odd to me that BA is prepared to undermine the value of their most premium offering, by giving it away like this! [B)]
#79917 by jaguarpig
06 Oct 2005, 13:14
They are not giving it away you do have to buy a full fare J ticket that is not that much cheaper than an A class restricted first ticket.If you start your trip from certain points in Europe you can buy an F ticket cheaper than the LHR J fare.

Or even cheaper in F departing LHR

Out 26th December return 2nd January
LHR-JFK-LHR BA Club (unrestricted J class) £4223.60
LHR-JFK-LHR BA First(restricted A class) £3917.60
#79964 by KenJohn
06 Oct 2005, 19:15
After the Gate Gourmet fisaco, BA needs to do a lot to bring the business passenger (full fare paying lets change plans at the last minute) back to the airline.

Hey - even Gordon Brown and Jeremy Clarkson have moved over to UCS recently.
#80079 by Howard Long
07 Oct 2005, 14:26
Originally posted by KenJohn
After the Gate Gourmet fisaco, BA needs to do a lot to bring the business passenger (full fare paying lets change plans at the last minute) back to the airline.

They have run this offer at this time of year for the past two years that I'm aware of.

Personally I have changed carriers away from BA on two premium return tickets since the trouble started. If you're flying Club Europe and all you're offered is tea and coffee, it's an unmitigated disaster!

They were saying that loads were only 4% down - I wonder how this was calculated? I bet there's a lot of restricted fare customers in there who can't change their tickets.

Cheers, Howard
#80083 by Scrooge
07 Oct 2005, 15:02
Originally posted by Howard Long
Originally posted by KenJohn

They were saying that loads were only 4% down - I wonder how this was calculated? I bet there's a lot of restricted fare customers in there who can't change their tickets.

Cheers, Howard

Well thats how we got "stuck" on BA,we could of canceled,but the fee's were very high,so we stuck it out and I have tosay im happy we did,in club the food was good,WT+ the main meal was also good,the deli bag was,shall we say bad.
Virgin Atlantic