This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8408 by robandgill
12 Oct 2005, 22:35
Hi Folks

We have an upcoming trip to Antigua[8D] booked with VH in january.
However, even before the holiday we're having some problems with
the booking at VH and would like some advice on what would be the
best way to resolve it.

The issue revolves around our connecting flights from Belfast.

When we booked in June, seats were not yet available from flyBE. Fair enough, VH told us they would advise us flight times later and told us we could fly on the day of the VS flight both in and out of LGW. Confirmation arrives without specifying connecting flight times as agreed.

August arrives, we know flyBE now have released seats, because we see that you can book them on-line. Phoned VH, pointed out they hadn't sent confirmation. No problem, confirmation be out in 7-10 working days.

Late september, still no confirmation from VH. Happen to "manage your flights" on VS website. Note outbound flight to Antigua has been pulled back 1.5 hours. Earliest Connecting flight will not get us to LGW on time. Phone VH, they say you'll nned to go the night before. Fine we say, get to use twilight checkin, stay at hilton and earn miles. ;) But point out no-one had bothered telling us about the flight time changes [V]

Today. Still no confirmation and we're starting to get pretty hacked off.[:(!][:(!]

Anyone else had a similar experience or any advise how we get this resolved? Because at the moment we have nothing to show that we have connecting flights booked and our balance of payment is due next month.

Many thanks in advance.

Robert & Gillian
#81016 by robandgill
15 Oct 2005, 11:23
Hi Folks

This issue has now been resolved through further
correspondence with VH and a much improved customer
service response on their part.

Thanks

Robert & Gillian
#81042 by ChuckC
15 Oct 2005, 14:59
Rob and Gillian,
So glad to hear that the service has been addressed. As we are seeing in other threads VH is really stepping up and working to improve.

Regards,
Chuck-
#81049 by locutus
15 Oct 2005, 15:55
Originally posted by ChuckC
As we are seeing in other threads VH is really stepping up and working to improve.

Regards,
Chuck-

I booked my accom through them for my next holiday as they were cheaper than anywhere else I could find, and I get 10% FC discount.

VH, like other companies that use call centres, have an 0870 number which is a revenue earning stream for VH, so a 15 min wait on the phone to find out where the invoice was makes VH quite a bit of money over the year, just for not having enough staff to answer calls in a timely fashion.

So it cost me over £1.20 to chase them up, whilst VH earnt a proportion of that.

So I'm happy with most things, but publishing a geographical number would help :)

Amazing fact: The DVLA made £1.1million from their 0870 numbers in one year alone
#81050 by Nottingham Nick
15 Oct 2005, 16:05
Originally posted by locutus
So I'm happy with most things, but publishing a geographical number would help :)

Amazing fact: The DVLA made £1.1million from their 0870 numbers in one year alone

You are not alone in thinking this, locutus.

Have a look at the say no to 0870 website.

No mention of VH, but other arms of the Virgin empire get a mention.

Nick
#81051 by locutus
15 Oct 2005, 16:09
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Originally posted by locutus

You are not alone in thinking this, locutus.

Have a look at the say no to 0870 website.

Yep, that was the second place I looked - after the VH website. Some companies have a "if you are calling from abroad dial..." bit.
#81168 by robandgill
16 Oct 2005, 19:12
Originally posted by ChuckC
Rob and Gillian,
So glad to hear that the service has been addressed. As we are seeing in other threads VH is really stepping up and working to improve.

Regards,
Chuck-

Yep, now we can sit back, relax and hopefully have a great trip

and no more phone calls!!

robert
#81180 by Treelo
16 Oct 2005, 21:00
Well done. Hopefully your Antigua trip will now be hitchless!:)
Virgin Atlantic