This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8582 by xenole
24 Oct 2005, 13:24
Was just wondering this after looking at their website.
Do people who have just paid £3k or whatever for an upper class ticket and get lounge access feel a bit ticked off when someone who is say flying their first flight as an economy class passenger, pays whatever and gets to use exactly the same facilities as them?
#81960 by preiffer
24 Oct 2005, 13:27
OK,

To be clear - PriorityPass will not get you into any of the Clubhouses. It offers lounges such as ServisAir, etc.

The "pay per visit" thing (through Virgin Holidays) has been discussed at length in several threads, one very recent one is here.
#81961 by ade99
24 Oct 2005, 13:30
Originally posted by xenole
Was just wondering this after looking at their website.
Do people who have just paid £3k or whatever for an upper class ticket and get lounge access feel a bit ticked off when someone who is say flying their first flight as an economy class passenger, pays whatever and gets to use exactly the same facilities as them?

No not really, priority pass does cost quite a bit, unless it is free with Amex etc. So they have paid and have as much right to use the lounge.

I've used it many a time when travelling UC and we've had friends with use (more than the additional guests allowed) and it comes in handy for that too.
#81962 by Decker
24 Oct 2005, 13:34
As Paul points out, most of the Lounges it gives you access to are "lower down the pecking order" - frequently shared lounges. It is unusual to be able to use PP to get into a lounge dedicated to an airline other then when airlines "own" terminals as happens quite a lot in the US. Having said that I find it a boon when not travelling on VS [8D]
#81964 by xenole
24 Oct 2005, 13:51
Oops :( Completely misunderstood the point of the pass........probably best to remove this thread as there's not much point to it?
#81967 by sue Barter
24 Oct 2005, 14:01
I understand what you mean, you pay's your money you gets your choices..but having experienced both sides of the situation I know that I can empathise with both. I have been a PE customer and paid the additional £30 pp to use the CH. And I have been a UC customer and thought hang on a min I surely have priority. But £30 is a lot to pay if you're only using the lounge for a matter of 2-3 hours if that!
I am sure, as mentioned, the passes are for Service Air lounges, like the ones used in LGW for Monarch etc.
I know I used a really dodgy lounge in SANFORD in Orlando....Nightmare it was CHEAPY CHARTER heaven. I think we paid £15 pp to use the lounge where you had 2 alcoholic drinks vouchers and free soft drinks. It was similar to a dodgy All Inclusive holiday in Lanzarote!!!

Sue [}:)]
#81968 by McCoy
24 Oct 2005, 14:05
As above, the Priority Pass programme is excellent, but down not get you into the 'high tier' lounges, such as the VS clubhouse, or the BA terraces..

On saying that, at LGW, the US Airways lounge is quite nice, as is the Continental lounge, and both are on the PP programme.
#81972 by preiffer
24 Oct 2005, 14:15
Originally posted by ade99
I've used it many a time when travelling UC and we've had friends with use (more than the additional guests allowed) and it comes in handy for that too.
Ade,

Are you saying you've managed to use a PriorityPass to get into the VS Clubhouse?
#81973 by ade99
24 Oct 2005, 14:21
Originally posted by preiffer
Ade,

Are you saying you've managed to use a PriorityPass to get into the VS Clubhouse?

No sorry guys I was talking about the shared Priority Pass lounges, used it for the VS outposts LAX and MCO often.
#81975 by RichardMannion
24 Oct 2005, 14:47
LHR CH access via VH is 60 pounds from next year, still 30 for the LGW facility.

You get what you pay for to be honest, If I didn't have my routes into the CH family, I'd pay the money to use them.

Priority Pass is great, would not buy it on its own though - far better value to get it through AmEx Platinum.

Thanks,
Richard
#81982 by Bazz
24 Oct 2005, 15:18
Originally posted by preiffer
Ade,

No sorry guys I was talking about the shared Priority Pass lounges, used it for the VS outposts LAX and MCO often.

VS UC pax share the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge in T2 at LAX and this lounge is not part of the Priority Pass program. The lounge PP use is the NorthWest World Club on on the opposite side of the mezzanine level.
#81993 by Nottingham Nick
24 Oct 2005, 18:50
Priority Pass certainly used to get you into the NorthWest lounge at Boston Logan, which VS share. Once inside the treatment of UC pax and those who got in with PP was no different, in my experience.

Haven't done it for a couple of years, so don't know if it is still the same.

Nick
#81994 by Nottingham Nick
24 Oct 2005, 18:53
Priority Pass certainly used to get you into the NorthWest lounge at Boston Logan, which VS share. Once inside the treatment of UC pax and those who got in with PP was no different, in my experience.

Nick
#81995 by McCoy
24 Oct 2005, 18:55
Originally posted by RichardMannion
Priority Pass is great, would not buy it on its own though - far better value to get it through AmEx Platinum.
Is it? Amex annual fee is £275. I pay PP £129.
#82010 by jaguarpig
24 Oct 2005, 20:12

But you also get quality travel insurance for the whole family,access to FHR rates,a free BA AMEX P+ credit card among other things.

PP still gets you into the NW lounge at BOS
#82015 by VS045
24 Oct 2005, 21:13
Most pay-per-use lounges are certainly no on the same level as dedicated airline lounges, especially not up to CH or BA terraces standard. Lounges like Holideck and the servisair lounge are great if you want to get away from the bustle but are different to a first or business class lounge "experience"

Cheers,
VS045
#82073 by RichardMannion
25 Oct 2005, 11:51
Originally posted by McCoy

Prestige level PP is £259 a year, which is what comes with a UK AmEx Platinum. :)

Thanks,
Richard
#82093 by McCoy
25 Oct 2005, 16:06
Prestige level PP is £259 a year, which is what comes with a UK AmEx Platinum. :)

Thanks,
Richard
Oh... interesting. What does Prestige level come with? Isn't it 10 free entries, or does it include guests??
#82097 by jaguarpig
25 Oct 2005, 16:33
The one I have with amex plat gives me I think, unlimited free entry and £12.50(could be £15) per guest.
#82103 by McCoy
25 Oct 2005, 18:59
Fair enough. So, since I only make use of PP lounges 2 or 3 times year, I'll stick with the cheaper membership, and forego the Amex offer.. thanks anyway!
#82106 by bostonbrit
25 Oct 2005, 19:18
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

Nick

Yeah - PP will still get you into th NW lounge in BOS Logan Terminal E; the only other lounge here is the BA one (and you can't get into that!). It's not a "quality" facility...
#82293 by sky
27 Oct 2005, 10:03
Originally posted by McCoy
As above, the Priority Pass programme is excellent, but down not get you into the 'high tier' lounges, such as the VS clubhouse, or the BA terraces..

On saying that, at LGW, the US Airways lounge is quite nice, as is the Continental lounge, and both are on the PP programme.

Aw, you cannot seriusly put Terraces and Clubhouse in the same tier! There is no champagne in terraces!

The Delta lounge at LGW is pretty nice too. So is the lounge PP gives you access to at LHR T4.

I think the biggest benefit with PP is in the US where travelling in domestic F doesn't get you lounge acccess!

Cheers
sky
#82304 by jaguarpig
27 Oct 2005, 12:40
There is no champagne in terraces!

There is if you ask for it,just not on display;)
#82916 by sky
01 Nov 2005, 23:58
Originally posted by jaguarpig
There is no champagne in terraces!

There is if you ask for it,just not on display;)

Thanks for that tip, I shall use it on thursday on my way to the US.

Cheers
sky
Virgin Atlantic