This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8664 by Kazzie
30 Oct 2005, 08:57
Hi,
I know this has probably been answered a zillion times![:#]
How do I find the info if I'm looking to book a PE flight to MCO to be able to use a CC compnaion ticket? I'm sorry I have no idea[:X]

What do you do,arm yourself with this info, THEN call VA to book it?
#82601 by Kazzie
30 Oct 2005, 09:07
I'm sorry I can't see how the heck I can edit mt first post[V]

I have found the info on this site of course!I need an S class and the companion neede a U class,I think thats correct!
I'm sure the way to access availability is on this site somewhere,could someone point me in the right direction please?:)
#82602 by Nottingham Nick
30 Oct 2005, 09:17
Kazzie

To edit your thread, click on the icon that is a sheet of paper with a pencil on it. This will bring you back to the typing screen and you can change it as much as you like.

Concerning availability of companion seats. The best way to check availability is through the expertflyer.com forum..

Others may disagree, but IMHO you would actually be better off ringing the FC and letting the experts there search around for you.

Nick
#82604 by preiffer
30 Oct 2005, 09:32
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Others may disagree, but IMHO you would actually be better off ringing the FC and letting the experts there search around for you.
I'd agree with that.

One of the downsides to all of these tools we now have at our disposal is that we sometimes forget the army of people at the end of a phone who's job it is to help with this sort of thing.

Not saying I'm not up for self-service, but a lot of the time the quick answer's merely a phonecall to FC away... ;)

In terms of your search, Kazzie, you can use expertflyer to find the S availability - but you'll need to use virgin-atlantic.com to find the U's (search for "Flights for miles" on the right hand menu after logging in). Only when you see availability for a mileage reward in PE will there be U availability on that flight.

Though again, a call to FC can change that... [:I]
#82605 by McCoy
30 Oct 2005, 09:36
Mmm.. when wanting to book or enquire about such things (companion tickets, miles for upgrades, etc.) is it a 'Flying Club' number to phone, rather than Virgin Atlantic themselves?
#82606 by preiffer
30 Oct 2005, 09:39
Originally posted by McCoy
Mmm.. when wanting to book or enquire about such things (companion tickets, miles for upgrades, etc.) is it a 'Flying Club' number to phone, rather than Virgin Atlantic themselves?
Yes - this is all detailed in your FC membership pack (and if you turn your FC card over, you'll find the number on the back, too :))

There are two FC numbers - one for Gold card holders, and one for Silver/Red.

I believe the general FC number is 0870 161 6059 - as detailed here. If someone could check their card though - if they have it handy - to ensure I have it right.
#82608 by Nottingham Nick
30 Oct 2005, 09:47
There are actually three numbers:
Flying Club red - 08701 61 60 59
Flying Club silver - 0845 07 45678
Flying Club gold - 08000 721 234
Opening Hours: 07.00 - 22.00 seven days a week.

Whether or not there are actually three distinct teams of operators or not.... ;)[}:)]

Nick
#82609 by preiffer
30 Oct 2005, 09:50
Thanks Nick. [y]

Whether or not there are actually three distinct teams of operators or not.... ;)[}:)]
Interesting that those three numbers are certainly distinct in the amount of revenue VS make from each of them... (Sorry - completely OT).

(I know about the "say no to 0870" stuff, before it's posted again ;))
#82614 by McCoy
30 Oct 2005, 10:20
Originally posted by preiffer
Yes - this is all detailed in your FC membership pack (and if you turn your FC card over, you'll find the number on the back
Well I guess I will find that out when they eventually DO send me a card!

From their CS: "There is currently an unavoidable delay in the despatch of Flying Club cards. Your card is currently awaiting despatch at the company that produces the membership cards on our behalf.

Many apologies for the delay and we will have your card sent out for you as soon as possible."

No need to be sarcastic to us newbies..
#82615 by preiffer
30 Oct 2005, 10:27
Originally posted by McCoy
No need to be sarcastic to us newbies..
McCoy,

The answer wasn't intended to be read as sarcastic - that is exactly where the numbers can be found.
You'll also note that I posted the number for you (that I spent time hunting down on va.com on your behalf) in the same reply.
#82617 by McCoy
30 Oct 2005, 10:38
I didn't ask for the number, just if there was a dedicated number, which since I have not yet received my pack, I did not know.

However, thank you for going to the trouble of finding the number.
#82631 by Kazzie
30 Oct 2005, 15:21
Cheers all[^]

I'll be having a look now,but agree that it might be easier for me to call up when I'm about ready with dates:)
#82696 by catsilversword
31 Oct 2005, 07:38
Re the 0870 thing - I find one way to cut down on time spent on these premium lines is to research as much as poss online first, then have your remaining queireis to hadn. It doesn't sadly, help with the waiting time, but does at least help with time spent talking to someone....

Originally posted by preiffer
Thanks Nick. [y]

Interesting that those three numbers are certainly distinct in the amount of revenue VS make from each of them... (Sorry - completely OT).

(I know about the "say no to 0870" stuff, before it's posted again ;))
Virgin Atlantic