This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#8713 by locutus
02 Nov 2005, 15:43
ok, I've read the FAQ and I know it says most flights earn TPs, but I'm thinking of booking during the sale for a economy trip to Boston, which will also take me to FC Ag, whilst the trip doesn't earn any miles, is it also likely to not earn any TPs either?

TIA, M.
#82979 by Decker
02 Nov 2005, 15:49
Normally no miles === no TPS
#82981 by Littlejohn
02 Nov 2005, 15:55
By the sale I assume you mean the "Make a Date With The States" sale currently featured on the home page of the VS site.

I did a dummy booking, and when I got to the price screen, just before you pay, it said:
1 adult GBP 161.00 each

Total taxes, fees, charges and surcharges. This includes the September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 per segment, and carrier imposed fuel and insurance surcharges. GBP 126.10

Total GBP 287.10
Please note that this fare does not qualify to earn Flying Club miles or tier points.

So looks like no go on the TP or miles front. Guess you can't have everything - £161 + tax is a pretty good price I think[:p]
#82982 by locutus
02 Nov 2005, 16:01
Originally posted by sailor99

Please note that this fare does not qualify to earn Flying Club miles or tier points.

So looks like no go on the TP or miles front. Guess you can't have everything - £161 + tax is a pretty good price I think[:p]

Hmmm. I'm sure it didn't say the TP thing yesterday, but now it does. Looks like I'll stay red for a while longer then [:I]

Thanks for the quick reply! [^]
#82991 by Nottingham Nick
02 Nov 2005, 18:29
I have had much correspondence with Customer Services over this very issue [:(!]

Basically, all the recent sale fares TO THE USA have been booked in N class, therefore no miles and no TPs. Basically, CS said that only N class fares to Johannesburg, Cape Town, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Tokyo, Mumbai and Delhi can earn points.

Decker is right, No FC points for a flight means No Tier points [n]

Nick
#83069 by Littlejohn
03 Nov 2005, 10:51
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
No FC points for a flight means No Tier points [n]

If you consider the whole package that you are buying then I have to say I can see a logic in not awarding FC miles or TP's on deep discount tickets. Normally, including tax, I was paying about £600 for an economy ticket (to PVG) and for that the whole package I got was my miles, my TP's, and a fare class that allowed me to miles upgrade. But on a couple of occassions I got deep discount specials for £250 all in. Of course I got no miles nor TP's and lost the opportunity to upgrade, but having saved £350 I cannot say I really expected them. Is this not a fair fare? 11,000 miles lost at 1.5p is worth about £165, still leaving me a net saving of £185 to compensate for the lost TP's (which have a variable value depending on where you are on the status ladder) - for me that's a bonza deal.

Unfortunately nobody at work [^] me for saving the company £350[:(!]. OT but I really like the new :D's - but can a special Doh! smiley be designed for me. something along the lines of [xxD] perhaps;)
Virgin Atlantic