This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#9012 by miopyk
20 Nov 2005, 13:33
Hi all,

We're back off to LA in February, unfortunately on VS23 so won't be getting there till quite late (UK time) and I really can't be ar**d going and picking up a hire car when all we really want to do is eat and sleep.

On this basis does anyone know of a good reliable Town Car/Limo service? I've checked on line and there seems to be quite a few to choose from but as usual it is impossible to know which are good and which are bad (and I suppose which are ugly).

I'd be grateful for any recommendations

Thanks

Miopyk
#85053 by Nitrox
20 Nov 2005, 14:33
Where are you heading ?
#85056 by miopyk
20 Nov 2005, 14:52
Hi Nitrox,

We're staying in Santa Monica for the first few days.

Miopyk
#85062 by Nitrox
20 Nov 2005, 15:47
I used Lotus Limo a while ago and they were waiting for me on arrival, driver was friendly and efficient. Not the cheapest out there but all round good service (which is what you may be looking for over price)
#85072 by ChuckC
20 Nov 2005, 18:04
miopyk,
As you have seen, there are many, many limo services in LA. Most of the major hotels, however, have deals with a specific company. You might ask your hotel which service they recommend, and what price they've negotiated for fetching guests from LAX. If you want to avoid the cost of the overseas call, PM me with the name of your hotel and I'll call them for you.

Chuck-
#85169 by BlackCat
21 Nov 2005, 08:52
Another vote for Lotus Limo here too.

BC
#85203 by ChuckC
21 Nov 2005, 15:49
Originally posted by manymiles

We have used http://www.supershuttle.com/ for limos (not mini bus) down to and from OC and have found them very good.

Manymiles,
Not to degrade Supershuttle (I used them years ago) but if I remember correctly, do they not stop at as many as 3 other pax's destinations before getting you to yours?

Chuck-
#85336 by miopyk
22 Nov 2005, 19:34
Thanks for your help

Miopyk
Virgin Atlantic