This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#9156 by JAT74L
29 Nov 2005, 00:29
Some help required here folks,

Have booked 3k outbound on VS900 LHR-NRT and 2k back (a Howard Long recommendation[y]) on the 901 and wondered if, inadvertantly I've gone and booked myself into any of those "sleepzone/GNF" horrors???[:0]

Help!

John
#85958 by Richard28
29 Nov 2005, 00:53
Originally posted by JAT74L
Some help required here folks,

Have booked 3k outbound on VS900 LHR-NRT and 2k back (a Howard Long recommendation[y]) on the 901 and wondered if, inadvertantly I've gone and booked myself into any of those "sleepzone/GNF" horrors???[:0]

Help!

John

I've booked 3k for some upcoming flights too (chose it over 2k as new A346's have toilets have toilets at the front on right hand side now.. can anyone confirm this?)

there is no snooze zone on the JNB flights, all of the upper class get GNF service [:(]
#85960 by Nitrox
29 Nov 2005, 00:58
Don't think GNF applies to either of these flights (I'm hoping :))

OT: Update on the Hilton Tokyo/Expedia rate fiasco; my res was cancelled by Expedia this evening, no warning just cancelled. I was steamin [:(!]. Have ended up having to book with hotel direct. Not much of a diff in the rate so I'm (fairly) happy that I have at least somewhere to live for a week.
#85972 by VS900
29 Nov 2005, 09:01
I've been on these flights often. No Sleep Zone or GNF operated. Also you'll notice that VS food menu is wider ranging on VS 900/901 compared to other flights (they have an extra main course and still carry wide range of "light bites").
#85974 by iforres1
29 Nov 2005, 09:19
Has the lotto numbers come up John or is this the push for Gold.

Iain
#85982 by JAT74L
29 Nov 2005, 10:40
No Iain, I nabbed one of those ultra cheap Hilton Tokyo bookings then booked a miles reward flight before seeing the hotel bookings all going belly up! Luckily I still had enough IC group miles to cover most of the stay! I think I'll end up back red and, after deciding to take a friend along to NRT with me have zero miles in the bank!!!

John
Virgin Atlantic