This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#9184 by colbornjames
30 Nov 2005, 04:56
Hello all... this is my first post on V-Flyer for about 6 months which I am totally ashamed of but wanted to pick some of the VS brains out there.

My work has demanded much flying of AA, which is OK but it means I'll have to sacrafice UC this Christmas for AA J as points mean prizes [:w] - I know, I know I'll probably get a few of these [V] [V] but needs must eh? Hence the reason I've been somewhat absent. Must admit though I'm glad to see all is well and you all had a great time in Las Vegas. The photos were ace.

Anyway, to make up for my desertion my partner is flying back to the UK for Christmas on VS instead of me. Unfortunately we can't fly together due to scheduling nightmares so she opted (with a little push from me ;)) for VS.

She bought a Y ticket (non flexible) - I decided as an early Christmas present to get her all the way to UC so I followed this route. A) upgraded her fare $400 or so wasn't bad from deep economy to a PE fare that could be upgraded. I used my spare 30k VS miles and 10k extra from my AMEX card. So, this all happened smoothly on the phone. Trouble is nothing has happened yet. Her Y booking has disappeared from her online account and I still have 40k miles and no charge on my CC.

Therefore (and after a long winded explanation - sorry!) --- how long does it take for an upgrade such as this to show up a) as a charge to my CC b) as a deduction in miles and c) as a ticketed flight in her account?

Thanks to you all in advance for helping.

JC.

P.S. Are the 343s equiped with suites yet (it'll be the BOS - LHR run she'll be on)
#86168 by ChuckC
30 Nov 2005, 14:53
Hi James, and welcome back!

Although the ticketing and award miles deduction can take up to 14 days sometimes, set your mind at ease and give UC reservations a call at 1-800-862-8621 (option 4).

If you can tell me the travel date I will check on the aircraft that's currently slated.

Chuck-