This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#29588 by Goldenoldie
20 Apr 2004, 15:17
Yes, I recall it is the Northwest lounge. There is a self service bar with not a great deal of choice and a few nibbles to eat. It is not that big and generally rather uninspiring. They put food out for VS UC who wish to use the sleeper section. I believe I recall that there is internet access.

It is not a patch on VS Clubhouses but it is not that bad either.

GO
#29591 by Nottingham Nick
20 Apr 2004, 16:41
I haven't been into it for a year or two, but last time I used it the facilities were prety much as GO has described.

The advantage that a non UC Virgin passenger has is that there is no discrimination as far as food / facilities go. The UK newspapers are handed out when the incoming plane arrives and the food was, in my opinion, more than adequate.

Pre-boarding is a nice perk - settling down in your space before the rest of the pax appear.

Not a Clubhouse, but better than waiting upstairs with the crowds.

Nick
#29602 by jaguarpig
20 Apr 2004, 17:32
I was in there Last December the Northwest club is not bad and they do put the never ending bottle of champers on when VS pax are in residence the food that comes out has always been very good on the 4 or 5 times I have eaten it.The other advantage is you nearly board straight from the lounge if VS is parked on the correct stand.You can also get in here with a PP card and can take advantage of the extra food and champagne if you are in Y or PE.
#29713 by NY-LON
21 Apr 2004, 13:24
I just went through the lounge a couple of weeks ago. I agree its not a clubhouse, but it's better than nothing. One good thing is that there is a separate security checkpoint to the right of the virgin check in desk that few people know about so one can get through quickly. Unfortunately, VS has had to move their stand (presumably because of JetBlue) so the special link to the gate no longer works.
Virgin Atlantic