This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#9653 by karnsculpture
03 Jan 2006, 00:34
Hello there, first post, amazing group :)

Later this year I'm flying with VS to Tokyo and back. No worries for the trip there, or the connection at Heathrow, but I am a little concerned about the return leg.

Flying back to the UK, I should arrive at about 3.45pm and will have over 4 hours to kill before getting on a BMI flight to Teesside. The last time I did this (returning from LA) I had a much shorter wait but was *out of my mind* because there was very little in the way of anything to see or do in the UK departure lounge in T1. I was also extremely tired after an overnight flight.

I feel a prat for asking this, but is there anywhere you can go to sleep (as there are rooms you can rent at Narita for these situations), or even a way to get to the more interesting parts of Heathrow, even though you are a connecting passenger?

Best wishes

Paul
#89389 by preiffer
03 Jan 2006, 00:48
Hi Paul, and welcome [y].

Are you travelling Upper Class? If so, you can use the revivals lounge to freshen-up on arrival to T3. (Although there's not anywhere really to sleep there).

(Although, as the Right Honorable Mr. Decker points out, it's not usually open that late...)

If not, I fear you may be out of luck. Not even *quite* enough time to get to a hotel and back before your connection [:(]
#89405 by karnsculpture
03 Jan 2006, 09:21
Thanks Paul!

Bearing in mind the lack of facilities at the UK domestic flights area, after I have gone through the Flight Connections route (my bags will be transferred from VS to BMI), is it possible to get out of that area to do some shopping in other terminals in Heathrow?

Thanks

Paul
#89407 by AlanA
03 Jan 2006, 10:17
Last time I came back from Tokyo, I slept for 16 hoursn straight,so would worry about a "quick nap" myself :-)