For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1014 by Wolves27
26 Apr 2004, 14:51
I've going to get my free priority pass membership with my AMEX platinum card. They've told me that the lounge I can use at JFK is the Korean Air lounge. Anybody been in this and is it any good?

Cheers!

Dean
#30261 by Wolves27
26 Apr 2004, 17:04
Bugger - just realised VS fly from T4 at JFK and KAL fly from T1.

Swiz!

Humpf!

Dean
#30274 by Nottingham Nick
26 Apr 2004, 18:30
PP holders used to be able to use the Northwest Worldclub at T4 JFK - I never used it myself, but have used several other NW lounges.

As has been said on the board many times before, they are okay - but they are no Clubhouse.:)

Nick
#30300 by Wolves27
26 Apr 2004, 20:11
Quite frankly, what could be....?

Dean
#30304 by Decker
26 Apr 2004, 20:16
relatively sure you can use a lounge in most terminals.... keep forgetting my PP number tho' so can't check on line at the moment! http://www.prioritypass.co.uk
#30306 by RichardMannion
26 Apr 2004, 20:21
quote:Originally posted by Wolves27
Quite frankly, what could be....?

Dean

Err - controversial but I think that some of the BA Terraces are a good 2nd. The Concorde Rooms are nice, but then I like the staff at the various Clubhouses as they give it the character - anyone that has been thru SFO will know exactly what I am talking about - Didn't win the FC Heroes award for nothing last year! There are stars at every route.

AS for JFK T4 - I'm sure that you can use the Swissport lounge which is right next door to the Clubhouse so you can sob at what you're missing! But my latest guide doesn't have this confirmed in there.

Thanks,
Richard
#30307 by Wolves27
26 Apr 2004, 20:21
You would think so. Seems a bit odd that there are two available lounges at BHX and yet none in T4 of JFK, especially considering some big carriers fly from there.

I know I've got the PP membership free with my AMEX (well not free, the card fee cost enough!) and shouldn't grumble but want to be able to use lounges wherever possible.

Lets face it JFK is one of the most boring airports in the world to wait at....

Dean
#30308 by RichardMannion
26 Apr 2004, 20:25
quote:Originally posted by Wolves27

Lets face it JFK is one of the most boring airports in the world to wait at....

Not for me its not - ClubHouse is lovely! :D

Know what you mean though - 4 at LGW alone and I avoid LGW like the plague - might catch something!;)

Thanks,
Richard
#30310 by Wolves27
26 Apr 2004, 20:27
Okay, JFK is the most boring place to wait at for us commoners without access to Nirvana.

Not that common though, don't like Gatwick either, except I takes me to MCO!!

Dean
#30311 by AlanA
26 Apr 2004, 20:31
Nooooo!
I have the worst airport on Friday:- CDG
No PP lounge in Terminal 2, no decent food and a pall of cigarrette smoke throughout. The departure lounge is awful, with up to five flights sitting round waiting like its the morturary.
Add to that having to fly BA.......[:(][:(]
GOD I hate CDG!
#30333 by honey lamb
26 Apr 2004, 21:24
quote:Nooooo!
I have the worst airport on Friday:- CDG
No PP lounge in Terminal 2, no decent food and a pall of cigarrette smoke throughout. The departure lounge is awful, with up to five flights sitting round waiting like its the morturary.
Add to that having to fly BA.......
GOD I hate CDG!

There, there! honey lamb knows what a nasty place that CDG is! And how horrible it is to fly BA. But just think! It could be worse. It could be one of those nasty low-cost carriers. Now you just think of your next VS trip and you'll feel all better!
#30338 by AlanA
26 Apr 2004, 21:55
How it can be the city airport for Paris, the way LHR is for Larrrndon and JFK is for NYC?
Awful place.

As for nasty low cost carrier, thats what I thought BA was these days?
Virgin Atlantic