For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1088 by db1
01 May 2004, 16:40
Seen the new BA tv advert a few times now and i have to admit i like it - not enough for me to switch but it is good.

Would be nice to see a good tv advert for VS, not just the UCS one but one for the whole airline.
#30830 by vsdan
01 May 2004, 22:13
I haven't seen it yet! What is it about? If it's about the whole airline then VS should definately have it!

The UCS advert for VS has not been shown too often, in-fact the last time I saw it was in November!
#30831 by mitchja
01 May 2004, 22:45
I've not seen the UCS TV ads at all yet. UCS has obviously got BA worried due to the heightened BA advertising.

The old Miss Piggy Upper Class TV ad is still my favorite though. Kissy Kissy.

Regards
#30835 by jaguarpig
02 May 2004, 10:13
I like the way they only show the CW cabin for a split second so you cannot see how bloody awful it is:D
#30924 by arfortune
04 May 2004, 17:10
I find it hysterical how BA have started really advertising their services - talk about running scared!

P.S. Hate to admit it, but I quite like the TV ad too!
#30926 by Pete
04 May 2004, 18:16
I've seen the new BA ad a couple of times, and I can't say I'm *that* impressed. Maybe with all the hype I expected more, but apart from a couple of nice shots of the BA livery, I don't think it taught me anything about BA. It didn't attempt to talk to me about any of the brand strengths, and the editing of the narrative was so quick that I defy most average viewers to follow the story (I did eventually read the synopsis in a BA press release and though, 'ah, that's what it's supposed to be').

Soundtrack (the old favourite 'Lakme') was also a bit spoilt by the introduction of some confusing instruments (I guess this had something to do with ethnicity). And why on earth the orchestra were following the pair around anyway was lost on me - looked very much like an advert developed by committee. You can't help thinking there originally was a good core idea there that got spoilt by client suggestions...

Just my $0.02

Pix
#30927 by Decker
04 May 2004, 18:20
The advert took 10 MONTHS??? link
#30933 by TJ
04 May 2004, 19:16
I have to say that I quite like the ad. Now all we need is for VS to beat the socks off it with one of their own! :)
#31489 by AlanA
12 May 2004, 21:49
Just wathched the advert again and something struck me.
Have you noticed that the cheapskate husband flies First himself, but makes the family fly Economy/PE?

"BA the airline for gits who dont care about their families" :D:D:D:D:D
#32070 by Bazz
21 May 2004, 12:13
quote:Originally posted by pixuk
...You can't help thinking there originally was a good core idea there that got spoilt by client suggestions...

Just my $0.02

Pix

Ouch! ;)
#32071 by freeway
21 May 2004, 12:24
Vs are running their UCS ads between 23rd May and 4 July.
In 50, 40 and 30 second formats.
In London, Central South, South East and some national satellite.
Look for it around - Euro 2004 games, British Grand Prix, and Champions League Final.
#32081 by 747sardine
21 May 2004, 13:52
I think that ad is false advertising. He gets on a BA plane at JFK and then turns up on some sensational beach somewhere warm and sunny. BA only fly to the UK from JFK, which I doubt is the destination in the ad.:)
#32083 by Bazz
21 May 2004, 15:52
Isn't that what they call artistic licence? ;)
#32104 by pegitt
21 May 2004, 23:30
quote:Originally posted by 748748

I also like the ones where he gets in to a bed in one city, e.g. NYC or Tokyo and wakes up in London. Very good.

Has anyone seen the sketch on a show where he go's to bed in NYC and wakes up in NYC and they say all BA flights to washinton, boston, etc delayed.

i had to laugh:D
#32109 by RichardMannion
22 May 2004, 04:43
Yeah but the clever taglines and innuedos that VS uses always does it for me. You just have to read the Night-Night Jet Set book that they currently hand out in UCS on the Eastbound flights. :)

Thanks,
Richard
#32458 by Blythy
27 May 2004, 23:56
anyone get the impression while watchng the ba advert that flying with BA would lead to you being stalked by out of work musicians?
#32462 by RichardMannion
28 May 2004, 00:18
quote:Originally posted by Blythy
anyone get the impression while watchng the ba advert that flying with BA would lead to you being stalked by out of work musicians?

What you mean people dropped by the Virgin record label? Thank god they had a bit of a cleanout - some of those acts would struggle to sing for breakfast. And I hate the way that the word musician is abused nowadays -

Do you play an instrument? No
Did you write the song? No
Did you write the music? No
So you singing someone elses song? Yes
So basically you're a glorified karaoke singer? Err...

Rmeinds me of an article I read - http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story ... 58,00.html

Thanks,
Richard
#32641 by Bazz
01 Jun 2004, 02:17
Having seen the BA ad several times now I must be thick because I don't get it - too subtle I imaging, the VS one, now that I get ;)
Virgin Atlantic