For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1332 by rcslt
26 May 2004, 20:24
I have just had my FF miles posted from my Virgin CC today and something strange has happened, I am really puzzled with the miles they have calculated. The number of miles posted is only a fraction of the amount spent and to cap it all they have posted ODD number of miles when I have a 2 miles per £1 card. Has any one else had this happen this month. I have not experience any difficulty with my miles posting previously but this months activity from Virgin CC and the transfer of miles has been a little strange.

I will have to wait and see if things equal out next month.
#32401 by mitchja
26 May 2004, 20:47
There does seem to be something strange happening with the Virgin FC card miles transfers this month. See this post.

My statement is usually generated on the 25th of every month. I can normally see the miles I have earnt when I log onto the Virgin card web site a few days before this date but up to press no miles are showing and this months statement has not yet been generated.

I'll have to see what happens in the next few days. In the 12 months I have had this card my transfers have all been on time expect 1 transfer which was a few days late. (my card is the 2 miles per £)

Depending on your statement date and your last few transaction dates, some miles may get carried over to the next month.

As for the odd number of miles - the only thing I can think of is did you used to have an ordinary Virgin card and have you initiated a tranfer of those point earnings from that card to your FC version of the card [?] if so when you transfer these ordinary Virgin card point earnings, they go straight into your FC account but you will only get a 1:1 transfer on those even on the 2 FC per £ card.

Regards
#32519 by rcslt
28 May 2004, 20:44
I don't have the 1 for £1 card, it still seems a little strange with the odd number of miles but I will just have keep an eye on next months postings.
#32521 by mitchja
28 May 2004, 21:04
Just looked at my miles this month and mine is an odd number too. I guess they are now not rounding to the nearest £.

Regards
#32522 by AlanA
28 May 2004, 21:45
quote:Originally posted by mitchja
Just looked at my miles this month and mine is an odd number too. I guess they are now not rounding to the nearest £.

Regards

James,
are you sure you did not buy something for £x.50p ? :D:D
#32523 by jonathan020
28 May 2004, 21:57
Am awaiting my first statement. Do your miles show quickly on your statement online or do you have to wait a while for them to be added?
#32525 by mitchja
28 May 2004, 22:46
The miles used to appear at the bottom of the 'Account Snap Shot' page a few days before your statement is produced - mine didn't show this month though. The miles will also be shown on your online statements along with your paper statements.

Regards
#32530 by jonathan020
29 May 2004, 00:15
Thanks, I look forward to earning miles a plenty on my new card :-D
Virgin Atlantic