For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#34461 by Nottingham Nick
24 Jun 2004, 15:44
I agree - I am sure he would much sooner the pilot found that the aircraft was tech a few minute before take off,rather than a few minutes after take off;)

Nick
#34475 by Jonathan
24 Jun 2004, 17:30
How long do you think before the BMI legal team get nasty about the dontflybmi website!!?

Still If they had a great flight would say set up a doflybmi site ?

I doubt it!
#34677 by mcuth
26 Jun 2004, 02:11
Totally agree - some people eh?

I love this quote: "The number of BMI staff on hand to look after customers was completely insufficient to cope with the situation. At best there were about 8 staff over 4 stations and at worst about 4 staff over 2 stations. Some staff appeared to depart at around midnight".

So, they had double the amount of staff to stations in a situation that they couldn't have possibly predicted? OMG, that's just not good enough is it? [:0]

Cheers

Michael
#34682 by onionz
26 Jun 2004, 02:43
What an absurd website. Reading the whole story, it just reads like any other anecdote you might find regarding a plane going tech. Sounds like BMI handled the problem quite correctly and provided accomodation and rebooking as you would expect of any full service airline.

There's very little substance there, nothing that warrants setting up an anti-BMI website. I also suspect they haven't fully exhausted the BMI complaints procedure.
#34697 by BlackCat
26 Jun 2004, 10:19
Total drivel if you ask me. Now, if he had been complaining about the chaos that is LHR bmi check-in, that would have been another matter! :D

The reality, unfortunately, is that if you are flying a route where there are limited (or only a single) carriers then you have to accept 24 hours delays or rerouting if a plane goes tech. It's tough, but there it is.

BC
#34747 by RichardMannion
27 Jun 2004, 01:40
Problem is when any airline is flying millions of passengers per year, you are always going to get some with unrealistic expectations or are not happy, or are just very unfortunate to be caught up in a series of bad luck.

The website won't really cause too much of an issue, now sending that PPT around about the Hosuton Doubletree, thats an entirely different story as the career chart of Mike the Night-Clerk was pure comedy genius.

Thanks,
Richard
Virgin Atlantic